• thirty eight

he wanted to...

"aera, jake .. please come here" sunghoon said. aera dropped the broom, and walked towards him.
"just a minute" jake said, and leave me alone under the table. we were cleaning the chewing gum that were sticked under the table. "mhm" i nodded.

(aera, jake, yn & sunghoon were told to clean the classroom)

they started whispering, as if they're hiding something from me. but i just did my work, looking like I don't care.
but i am actually curious about what they're saying.

jake punched sunghoon's chest, while the three of them kept grinning.
as i got so curious, i look at them, "shhh" sunghoon shushed them. and it makes me mad. i hate him. i hate him so much.

we finished cleaning the classroom.
"yn, can you close the window?" jake said, as he pointed to the window that was opening widely. "okay" i said, while walking towards it.
suddenly, the lights were turned off, i looked around our classroom, and i saw jake and aera closing the door. "jake ! aera !" i screamed, and ran to the door. it was locked.

the classroom was so dark, since we closed all the curtains, the only light were, the sunlight coming in from the opened window.

i sat on the cold floor, and i started crying again. why ? because, i knew sunghoon planned this.

just then, sunghoon unlocked the door, "yn ? where is—" he didn't get to finish his sentence. because i slapped his face, real hard, that even my hands hurts from it. sunghoon looked at me surprised, with his hand on his face.

"why?" he asked, looking mad, suddenly. "you know i'm scared of the dark" i yelled. "yes i do. why did you slap me?" he yelled back.

"because you planned to lock me inside! sunghoon, i am so sick of your pranks"

he couldn't say anything. i waited for a few more seconds, hoping he'll say something.

"i'm sorry" he apologized, putting his bag over his shoulder, and he left.
i turned on the lights, and locked the door, after closing the window as well.

the school was already so quiet when i walked down the stairs. it was kinda creeping me out, so i walked as fast as i could. then, i saw aera standing infront of the school's gate.

"..yn" she spoke, but i ignored her.
i was too angry to even hear her apologizing.

-

the truth was.. sunghoon asked jake and aera to lock the door. so that, he'll come and unlock the door and comfort yn. he knew she's afraid of the dark, he knew she'd cry.

he wanted to comfort her, and he'll have the time to say what he needed to say. he assumed he and yn would be okay... and that they'll get back together...
but, the plan went wrong.

-

note : sunghoon isn't a bad guy everyone 😩