• forty four

✯ she has returned

"sunghoon, yn is coming home today, me and my mom are waiting for her, do you want to come with us?" aera cheerfully asked

"sunghoon, yn is coming home today, me and my mom are waiting for her, do you want to come with us?" aera cheerfully asked. "uh.. i don't know..will she be happy to see me though?" sunghoon spoke on the phone. "OF COURSE ! come on, i know it hasn't been that long, but two months is like one year for lovers" aera muttered. "nah" he dryly replied.

-

"take care sweetheart" said my grandmother. "mhm..you too grandma. next summer, aera and i will come visit you" i said, entering the train.
my grandmother waved her hand while i did the same.

-

"are we there yet?" a cute seven year old girl asked her mother , they were sitting infront of yn. "yes only a few more minutes" her mother answered. well, that caught yn's attention.
she looked outside the window, there were so many ice stucked on a tree. and it was windy, and cold that day.

she get off the train. she walked around the station, looking for her mom or aera. "YN !!!!!" aera voiced echoed. yn turned around, to see aera, and her mom, and a tall male behind them.
aera ran to her as fast as she could, her arms getting ready to hug tightly. yn too, ran to her.

but— yn stopped running when she suddenly saw sunghoon standing beside her mom. aera looked back at them, when she noticed her staring at him. aera smiled, and just stood there.

yn's mom kicked sunghoon's arm with her elbow, signalling him to walk to her. he stepped out of his spot, and slowly walked towards yn while he looked at her with a happy, but shy face.

when sunghoon reached yn. she thought he was about to hug him so tightly, he didn't. instead, he stood there like a statue. he let her down, again.

but, as soon as yn saw his tall figure, she could feel all the things that were weighing her down disappear.
she didn't know she'd be this happy to see him.

"uh..hey..yn..ehehe. welcome home" he said, chuckling while he stares at her. both end up laughing, with a small tear on yn's eye, "don't cry, sis" he patted her head, and smiled. "happy tears sunghoon. i just miss my family alot" she lied. lying comes easy to her. she was happy to see him.

"by the way, you still remember that nickname ? i find it cringe now" she laughed while they walk back to her mom and aera.
"mhm..i do.." he smiled nodding his head. "i like it now" he added, as he turned his head to look at yn.

"you should get a boy like him aera" her mom said. "what ? what do you mean ? is riki not good ?" aera raised her voice. "is he even romantic ? sunghoon is cute and sweet" she said while looking at her daughter happily smiling. aera glared at her mom, but she didn't even notice, since she was happy looking at her daughter being the happiest.

sunghoon opened the door for yn. and she seated herself in her mom's car. aera sat on the front seat. and sunghoon in the back with yn.

sunghoon's hand snaked around the cushion. wanting to hold yn's hand.
yn wasn't stupid and clueless like sunghoon so she quickly understood what the boy was trying to do.
so, yn boldly took sunghoon's hand in hers.
for the first time in a while, both could feel the butterflies in their stomach. again.

sunghoon looked down at their hands, and looked at yn, as if he just realised what love is.
"i love you. forever." sunghoon thought, but he didn't say it.

[the end]