[13] Needle & Thread

Honestly, you weren't expecting your closet to be filled with broken shirts. That is, just buttons that have fallen off or are about to fall off. "How did I let my clothes get this bad? Er... Do I even have needles at home to fix this?" You shook your head and fell backwards onto your bed, "Even if I did, I wouldn't know how to put them on."

After a bit of rolling around and contemplating what to do with your useless life, you thought of Takemichi. Not in that way, but he did mention something about Mitsuya making the Toman uniforms. Perhaps he could help you out? Hopefully he wouldn't mind.

"What did I have his contact number again? ...Oh, just 'Mitsuya-san'. Maybe I can ask him for a cute name?" You clicked the call button and waited for someone to pick up.

"...Hello? Who is calling?" A little girl's voice came out of the other side; almost inaudible though. It was almost like she held it an arm's length away from her face. "Are you scamming us again?!"

"Um... it's [last name] [name]?" You were a bit confused at what she was talking about. "Is this Mitsuya Taka–" A sudden shriek rang in your ear. The girl was screaming her lungs off as if someone was chasing her. You probably got the wrong number.

"Luna! What's wrong?!" You heard Mitsuya's voice from the phone. So it was his number... and it was Luna who picked up. You probably should have guessed it was one of his sisters. "Luna! Calm down!"

"Takashi-nii-chan, it's [name]-nee-san on the phone! Can you believe that?!" Mitsuya toppled onto the floor and exhaled deeply. He was in the middle of doing the washing when he heard Luna scream murder in the living room. "[name]-nee-san!"

"Um, hello Luna-chan! Long time no talk." She giggled and you heard the phone drop on the floor.

"I'm sorry, [last name]-chan! Hold on... Luna, I can't talk if you keep grabbing at me like that! ...But I wanna talk! ...Luna, I'll give you the phone after– Okay? Don't pout like that."

"Um... Mitsuya-san?"

"Sorry! Is there something you needed? You've never called me before." On his end, Luna sat in front of him with beady eyes, waiting for her turn on the phone. Mana, who was taking a nap in their shared room appeared from the entrance of the living room wondering what the ruckus was all about.

"I was wondering if you could help me sew a few buttons for me? I've recently broken a few and I have no idea how to fix them."

"Mana, come here..." Mitsuya opened up his arms and held his sister as she continued to nap. "I don't mind, when did you want them fixed?"

"If you're not busy... right now?"

"...Now?!" Mitsuya's sudden outburst woke up Mana from her short one-second sleep.

"If you can't, that's okay! Are you busy? Next week is always fine." No, today was perfect. He was just doing house chores as usual. He wasn't expecting you to make sudden plans like that out of nowhere. Honestly, he would love to see you.

"Is [name]-nee-san coming over?! Can she, can she?! ...Taka-nii, is [name] on the phone?!" You heard Mana's voice this time. "Taka-nii! ...Okay, okay! [last name]-chan, I'll send you my address, is that alright? Come over whenever you want. We'll be home all day."

"If you say so, Mitsuya-san. I'll be over within the hour. See you then!" The call abruptly ended without a goodbye from him. You stared at the phone in silence, thinking about whether or not you should've called today.

Back to Mitsuya's side, his device was currently in Mana's hands as she clicked on the random buttons. She had thought that she was talking to you, however, she had actually ended the call instead.