[17] Leap of Faith

It was the night of October 30 2005.

Yourself, as well as Toman, were standing around Musashi Shrine waiting for Mikey to start tonight's meeting. You weren't invited, but you were chilling at the shrine prior to Toman showing up. They ended up letting you stay (like usual).

You stood behind a tree on Mikey's right; hidden away so that most people couldn't see you, but if they looked hard enough they would be able to. As you were standing around, you were trying to see if you could spot your friends, and any members you didn't recognise. Mikey and Draken at the top; Chifuyu and Takemichi standing in the middle; Nahoya and Souya at the front on the right; Mitsuya on the left. It was just Baji missing.

Your eyes then stopped on an unfamiliar four-eyed freak in the crowd. That was a bit mean of you... but he did wear glasses. He had blond hair like Takemichi that was slicked up at the top. Was he some fashion maniac? His glasses were gold-rimmed too. Did he want to match with his hair? Not to forget that gold piercing. You would have to ask someone who that was after the meeting.

"We will now begin the meeting to prepare for our battle against Valhalla!" Draken announced; the show was finally getting started.

"Thank you all for gathering today." Mikey continued, "We're going to clash with Valhalla tomorrow. They brought this fight to us. We've got nothing to gain from this. And Baji is with the enemy now. We show no mercy to traitors! That's how Toman handles things." Mikey was lying. You knew him better than this. He cared about his friends more than anybody else.

He stayed silent for a moment, letting his declaration sink into the Toman members. But then an annoyed expression appeared on his face. "I'm gonna get real childish for a sec." He crossed his legs and sat down at the top of the stairs. "I can't fight my friend." A moment later, he shot up to stand again and shouted, "Well, that's my answer! I need you guys to help me out. Tomorrow, we're going to crush Valhalla and bring Baji back to Toman! That's how this battle's gonna go down!"

Cheers erupted from the Toman members as Mikey finished up his speech. You were right, he didn't want to fight Baji. He was never going to 'kill' Takemichi. But now, the next thing for you to do was to figure out a way to accidentally stumble upon the fight.

Last time, the Moebius versus Toman was a spontaneous conflict that Peh-yan started. But this one had a set date; you couldn't just rock up. Perhaps you could just hide out at the entrance and run into the battle if things get bad. You weren't the slowest runner... you could pull it off if needed be.

。。。

"[name]cchan! You can come out now! Mostly everyone's gone." Mikey called out, a bit impatient that the meeting took a bit longer than expected. He hasn't seen you in a while and honestly, he just wanted to hold you again.

"Sorry for always sticking around your meetings, Mikey-san, Draken-san." Mikey threw his hands around your neck and stayed close to you. "Did you miss me?"

"I haven't seen you in ages! Of course I missed you." Draken shook his head and turned around.

"If you guys are gonna get lovey-dovey here, I'm gonna leave this place." Mikey laughed his friend's statement and let go of you, but remained attached to your arm. "...[last name], I want to know. Do you have any plans to fight Valhalla?"

"What makes you think that, Draken-san?"

"You look a bit more determined today, that's all." Could Draken have the ability to read people like books? "If you're thinking of fighting, don't. You'll get killed the moment you walk into the battlefield."

"You should say that to Takemichi-san."

"[name]cchan." Mikey grabbed both your hands and held them to his face. "I don't want you to fight in this. You aren't part of Toman. Besides, how could I look at you again if you got hurt like last time? Please don't fight with us; for my sake."