Chapter 8

Choi Ahn wondered. If ever he had a Cale-nim back then, would it be like this?

Yes, because he can see his other self happy and contented.

The bustling streets of the Roan Capital gives a warm and happy atmosphere contrary to the one where he was then. He never got to enjoy the beauty of the world where he transmigrated since he was busy fighting their asses off.

That was one of the regrets he had, and Choi Han knew this that was why he asked permission from his lover to bring his other self in the Festival.

"What type of festival is this?" Choi Ahn asked as he looked at the children playing with a silver shield and some with sword similar to the one Choi Han currently have.

"It was to commemorate the victory against the battle with the White Star. The citizens filed a petition for a three day festival in memories of the heros who helped, but it's mostly to remember Cale-nim's sacrifices much to his distaste. It always starts whenever the first spring tree blooms, and it's currently second day today." Choi Han explained, both chuckled at Cale's predicament.

"So it's similar to the independence day in Earth?"

"So so."

"Happy festival Choi Han-nim! Who's the young lad beside you?" A street vendor called out, both of them whipping their heads in the older man's voice.

Choi Ahn smiled brightly at his way, "Good day! I'm Choi Han's twin brother, Choi Ahn." He immediately said, not giving a chance to his other self to talk since he knew he can't lie.

"Kahahahaha! I see I see! You two resemble each other after all! Here here! Have some taiyaki! It's on the house!"

"My, I can't do that grandpa. You're selling it after all."

The old man just laughed louder.

"Nonsense! Here give some to Young Master Silver Shield too! Happy festival Choi siblings! I hope you have a good time!"

Choi Ahn took a bite, eyes glimmering at the taste of the food.

He gave the vendor a thumbs up before shoving a taiyaki to his other self's mouth for him to taste.

Choi Han glared at him before munching the food.

For all the time the two had wandered throughout the busy streets of the capital, Choi Han was getting dragged every now and then when Choi Ahn saw something interesting in his eyes before dragging him again to another stall. He was annoyed but held himself back since he promised his Cale-nim not to cause a ruckus and will be rewarded later on(( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)).

Heck, he was even dragged to a barbershop just for Choi Ahn to ask the owner to fix his hair upwards in a way to show his forehead. He even asked for a pentel pen to add a mole right under his left eye.

Weird, but it looks good much to Choi Han pursing his lip.

And along the way, Choi Han found himself buying a sword for his other self as a remembrance.

He almost snatched the new sword and hit him with the hilt because of Choi Ahn's constant teasing that was accompanied by people giggling at them.

At this point, Choi Han just kept sighing and asked himself if this is what his Cale-nim felt whenever he was getting dragged by the children.

Soon enough, Choi Han found himself standing at a chess game stall with his other self glaring at the noble who was playing earlier.

"Would you like to play a game of chess with me Young Master?"

His voice lacing with ominous tone, as if warning the noble he is talking to. The latter could see the young master sweating profusely and scared shitless at the sight of his other self pissed.

Coincidentally, both Choi Hans overheard the talk between a noble and his guard about the relationship between Cale Henituse and his lover. And Choi Ahn is sure as hell that he would teach that noble to learn how to whisper not loud enough for others to hear.

It would be nice if the gossip they're doing is a positive one, he would've let it slide and go to the darts game stall but no. He must pay, as what Choi Ahn said while the latter is doing his best to pull him away to not cause a scene.

As the noble couldn't decline at the invitation for a game, due to pride Choi Han guessed as he could see Choi Ahn moving his rook to conquer the enemy's bishop.

He soon took out the horse, rook, pawns, and then unto the queen. Choi Ahn was having fun as he took his time in conquering the noble's king.

"Just because you're a noble doesn't give you the right to gossip my twin brother and Cale Henituse with your homophobic shit ass. You're just from a County Household yet you dare talk down to a son of a Ducal Household? You've got guts I'll give you that, but it won't take you anywhere if you're just all bark but no bite." Choi Ahn preached, before his bishop crushed the noble's king piece, literally as it turned into smithereens.

"Let's go my dearest brother, or were gonna be late for dinner."

Choi Han suppressed a sigh, but a small smile tugged his lips.

The noble from earlier had already ran away in shame.

"Mn. Let's go home." Choi Ahn flinched at the lasr word, which the latter paid no minds as he fished out  a teleportation scroll from his spatial pouch.

'Home...huh...' Choi Ahn thought before he smiled fondly as he heard the scroll tearing.

He opened his eyes and what he saw was such a heartwarming and cheerful atmosphere as they all greeted him.

"Welcome back Choi Hans!"

"Welcome home nya!"

"You're back nya!"

"Hyung-nims! Welcome home!"

Choi Han placed his hand on his other self's shoulder and glanced at him before looking at hisㅡtheir family.

"We're home."

Choi Ahn's face soften as he smiled widely in pure joy.

"We're home."

°×°×°×°

Both wondered on how it came to this.

Both looked at eclipse happening right above their heads.

Both despaired, as they looked at the redhead in horror.

Choi Ahn could distinctly hear his other self say something he heard and at the same time not as his brain couldn't process it.

"Cale..."

"....Barrow!"

____________________

Fufufu Imma hide myself nowㅡ