Extra 1 || If I Were In Your Stead

Synopsis: A spin-off where Choi Han died instead of the original. And Choi Ahn has to live through the guilt of replacing him.

Warning: Heavy angst, ready your tissues folks.

P. S. I'm coffee deprived. Send Starbucks cup filled with espresso shots please.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Him and his other self are the splitting image, considering they are the same person from different dimensions.

Choi Ahn knew that too well. He knew...too...damn...well.

Maybe that was why no one noticed the difference between them when Choi Han died in his stead. If ever someone did, he wished they would hate and blame him at that fact.

In a way, he hopes that the guilt would lessen for it.

Perhaps that is why he wanted to die so badly.

For all the memories that he managed to forget while in the Forest of Darkness, he asked himself why he can't forget that.

For all the nights he can't sleep, the memory kept haunting him, playing at his wake.

Fuck.

His eyes always swollen, he could remember, painfully and clearly.

An image flashed, once, twice, thrice, on repeat. Blood...despair, an emotion he's always known.

Choi Ahn regrets, he laments at the fact that his parallel self died instead of him.

He wailed, begged the Gods to do something. Every night he prayed to the God of Death to bring back Choi Han and kill him in return.

He could remember the look his other self gave him when the White Star stabbed him with the Fake World Tree dagger.

He vividly recall the words that was said to him, and only him.

"Please protect them in my stead."

Choi Ahn promised.

"Choi Han nya! Cale is calling for you nya!"

When was the last time he heard someone call him by his...their original name? He couldn't quite fathom.

"Strong Choi Han! Play with us later please!"

He could only smile.

"Yes, Raon-nim."

Everyone was fooled by his act. But he didn't meant it, he swears on their parent's grave.

He never wanted to replace this world's Choi Han, and he never wanted to become a replacement either.

It just came to become like this.

"Choi Han."

His guilt just became heavier at the sight of the redhead, staring at him lovingly.

'I'm not him...please...'

"Cale-nim. Good morning."