Unruly teenagers

Narration time

Narration time... (in 3rd person)

***

Lily finished eating dinner and went to her room to do work. She switched on her laptop and started typing in a Word document. Five minutes later and she got bored. She picked her phone from the nightstand and saw a missed call on the notifications bar. It was from her colleague, Xavier.

She clicked on the "phone" icon on the home screen and went to the call log. To her bewilderment, there was a call made to 911 just a few hours before dinner.

The fudge? When did I call 911?

She clicked on the call details and checked the time of the call. It read 5:37pm.

Huh? I don't think I had my phone then. In fact, now that I think about it, I was searching for my phone that time until I found it with-

"Rose!" she yelled and a few seconds later, her little sister walked in the room, confusion written on her face.

"Yes?" she asked quietly.

"Did you call 911?" Lily inquired. Rose's eyes widened a bit and she slowly nodded.

"Why?" Lily glared at her. Rose swallowed and her eyes started tearing up. "I- I didn't mean to...I-"

"911, what's your emergency?" a male voice echoed inside the room. Lily looked at her phone and her eyes widened when she realized she accidentally called 911.

She pressed the phone to her ear with shaky hands. "Uh...hello?" she spoke. Rose was watching intently with a small smile playing on her face.

"What's your emergency?" the voice asked again. "Emergency? Oh...no...uh...I called by accident?" she mentally cursed herself for being so terrified. It's just a call right? Not like she'll get in trouble for it or anything.

I can only hope.

"Is that supposed to be a question or a statement?" the male voice inquired. "A statement. Sorry. I- uh- my little sister called you earlier and I just saw it in my call log and I clicked on the call button by accident."

"Oh...so you must be the evil sister?" the guy on the other side asked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Excuse me?" Lily frowned.

The guy cleared his throat, "Yes, your little sister, was it? She called earlier complaining you were evil and all. You can ask her about that yourself. And please, next time do not call here if you don't have an actual emergency. I don't have time for prank calls from unruly teenagers." And then he disconnected the call.

Lily's jaw dropped. Unruly teenagers?! I am 22 years old, no longer a teenager and definitely not unruly! What doesn't he understand by an accidental call? And evil sister?

Lily turned to face Rose with a glare. "What did he mean by evil sister?"

"I think he means you're evil, maybe you should stop prank calling the cops," Rose replied almost immediately and with a shrug of her shoulders, ran out of the room.

Lily cursed and put her phone on the nightstand. She collapsed on her bed with a soft thud, right next to her laptop. Not bothering to put the laptop back or change into her pajamas, she switched off her lamp and drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And that was part 2! Hope you liked it <3

~ Hamdia