Are you a boomer?

Him|Her

Him|Her

Lily woke up to an earth-shattering scream in the middle of the night. Looking around her, she saw everything was normal and that it was just a nightmare. She was preparing to go back to sleep when she heard someone yell her name.

Is that Rose?

She quickly got out of bed, got her phone and ran downstairs to the living room. "Rose?" Lily called out. "Rose where are-" she kept quiet as the smell of smoke reached her nose.

She walked slowly to the kitchen and her eyes widened at the sight of the kitchen on fire. Rose was standing right outside the kitchen with tears running down her face.

"What the hell happened here?!" Rose jerked and her head turned to look at Lily with wide eyes. The little one gulped, "Uh..."

Lily cocked her head, impatiently waiting for an answer. The fire inside got bigger and almost reached the kitchen door making Rose scream and run to her older sister. Lily put one of her arms around Rose and used the other to unlock her phone. She quickly dialed 911 and pressed the phone to her ear. The voice on the other side spoke groggily.

911, what's your emergency?

Uh...hello? There's a fire in my kitchen and I-

Then call the f**king fire department.

Excuse me?

You're excused.

You don't need to be an a-hole, okay? 

A fire counts as an emergency and I would appreciate it if you could send your team to put it out.

Whatever. Where do you live?

Don't you have a system that can track the caller's location?

System's down. Where do you live?

7th street, down the golf park.

Got it. *yawns* Emergency!

Did you just yawn?

You know, for someone whose house is on fire and is awake at 3 in the morning, you sure are really talkative.

Don't you get tired?

I do! 

I just thought you were yawning because of me.

Heck yeah I am. You're hella boring. 

Worse than that one caller who tried to prank call me and covered it up by saying *in a girly voice* "uh...I called by accident?"