Lighten up Squidward

Lily's eyes opened at 7 in the morning

Lily's eyes opened at 7 in the morning. She sat up on her bed and glanced at her clock. When she saw the time, she groaned and fell back on her bed, covering her face with a pillow. Like that, she tossed and turned around in her bed for a full 15 minutes until she realized sleep wasn't going to come and it was just better to get started with the day's activities.

Lily reluctantly got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. After spending a good 45 minutes in the shower just talking to her shampoo bottles, she got out and put on her clothes for the day. She got her phone from the nightstand and went downstairs to the kitchen.

While flipping pancakes, she unlocked her phone and saw 3 unread messages on the notifications bar. She clicked on the notification and opened the chat.

Xavier: Hi

Is the work done?

You there?

Sighing, she clicked the call icon and pressed the phone to her ear. It rang for about 10 seconds before the call was answered.

Xavier: it's about time!

Lily: good morning to you too

Xavier: I called you yesterday evening and you didn't call back.

Lily: wait what? You did?

Xavier: YES!

Lily: Oh! Right. I saw your missed call and was going to call you back but then I got...uh...distracted and then forgot to call you back.

Xavier: Uh huh...

Lily: yeah...

Xavier: anyways, did you finish writing the work?

Lily: uh...no

Xavier: what?! Deadline is today! Do you want Mr. Lockwood to reduce our salaries?

Lily: No! I had started on the work. I've done like 75% of it. I was going to complete it last night but it was boring and I couldn't stop thinking about Loki. Is that my fault?

Xavier: ...

Lily: Vee you there?

Xavier: I'm going to go get an aspirin for this headache that's going to arrive in about 1 minute. You go finish the work and send it before 5pm. Otherwise, we can both say goodbye to the promotion we're hoping for.

Xavier disconnected the call and Lily put her phone on the counter.

It's not my fault Tom Hiddleston is hot. Besides, the work isn't that important. It's just some stupid paperwork for the mayor. Also, what's that smell?

She looked down at the pan and her brown eyes were presented with the fresh and mouth-watering sight of a burnt pancake. Groaning, she switched off the stove and discarded the burnt pancake. She put the leftover batter in the fridge and just went with cereal for breakfast.

"Rose? Rose wake up, otherwise I'm not giving you breakfast!" she called and within minutes, a sleepy Rose was standing in the kitchen.

"What?" Rose asked while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Cereal?" Lily asked and Rose nodded.

They both got their bowls of cereal and sat on the living room couch. Rose got the TV remote and put a cartoon.

"SpongeBob SquarePants? Really?" Lily yawned. "Lighten up Squidward," Rose replied and her oh-so-lovely older sister rolled her eyes.