Chapter 1

Y/Ns POV

------------

 It's early in the morning hours of a surprisingly warm May night. I woke up with a start as my mother shakes me awake. 

"Achilles! Wake up! The house is on fire!" my mother yells 

I leap out of bed and start to the front door with my mom close behind me. All of a sudden a cracking sound and my mom pushed me to the front door. As I turn around I see her stuck under the beam that just fell where I stood just moments before. 

"MOM!" I yell as I start towards her 

"No! Achilles, you need to get out of here! The house is going to collapse any second now!" she says, fear in her voice. 

"No! I won't leave you!" 

"It'll be okay Achilles! Run to the palace and tell the guards what happened. They will bring you to King Odin and he will help you!" 

"But Mom...I can't!" I reply, close to tears

"You can! Tell the king of your healing powers and Queen Frigga shall convince King Odin to let her train you!"

With much hesitation, I turn around and run out of the house. I run as fast as I can and don't stop. By this time the sun is rising but I don't stop. I can't, I promised my mom that I would get to the palace. 

I finally approach the palace and the guards start yelling at someone I can't see. The gates open and I stumble inside, exhausted from running. I fall into a boy's arms, I can't tell who, but I'm rushed to the throne room. 

I lean against the boy after he sets me down and announce to the Royal Court, "I am Y/N, daughter of Millicent of Asgard. I beg of you, King Odin, to help me, I am only sixteen years of age. My mother died in a fire a few hours ago and I have nowhere to go. I can be of use in the healing wing. I am a healer and have done good work." 

"Sir Achilles" a woman voice says, "I am Queen Frigga. I would have the honor to work with such a young and talented healer." 

"Thank you, my Queen! I promise not to disappoint you and will work hard everyday." 

"It is no matter! Loki, my son, help our young friend to his quarters and see to it he gets some food." 

"Yes, Mother." The boy next to me says "I'll see to it that he is safe in his room." 

And at that moment I knew I was safe. 

*Authors note* 

I am so sorry this is such a short chapter but this seems like a good start. Let me know your thoughts!