Chapter 6

I'm sucked into a vortex and land in a cold place. I'm able to get away from who's holding me and run. I don't stop, even though I can hear the yells of whoever telling me to come back. Eventually, I find an old abandoned house and decide that this is where I'm going to live. 

"I will find you, Loki," I say to myself and the sky "I will find Asgard again." 

Heimdall is listening, I can tell. I trust he will protect my location until it's time for me to go back home. "I'm sorry, Loki, but this is for the better." For now, I'll live here in the woods. 

I'm only 16 but I grow up and I live 5,492 years when everything starts.

 It's the 1940's. America, where I landed, is fighting a war.

I'm found by James Buchanan Barnes who finds out I'm a strong fighter. He asks his best friend, Steve Rogers (AKA Captain America) if I could join the Howling Commandos. Steve agrees after he fights me himself. 

"Achilles," Steve says to me one day before I'm introduced to the other Howlers "you will do great things with us." 

"I hope so, Cap. I just want to make my mom proud." I admit 

"I know, Achilles, and you will!" 

Time passes and I'm happy for the first time since losing Loki

Time passes and I'm happy for the first time since losing Loki. He'd be 5,492 as well. Bucky and Steve become my closest friends. 

My first fight with the Howling Commandos is trying to capture a higher-up HYDRA doctor. We are hoping to capture him to make him talk. Bucky and Steve are talking and others are listening to a radio. Suddenly one of them mentions it's time to go. I'm preparing myself and I get ready. I lock on and zoom down the line that was set up and roll off. Bucky, Steve, and I go into the train and start getting shot at. Bucky and I get separated from Cap and we keep shooting but our ammo runs out and Bucks gun jams. Cap kicks one over to Bucky and he keeps shooting. I can't remember what happens next but the next thing I know I wake up and notice a searing pain in my right arm. Wait, it's gone! My arm's gone! I look over to Bucky and notice his left arm is gone. A man in white leans over us. 

"Ah, Achilles Aelfhun," A man says "James Buchanan Barnes."

"Who are you?" I croak out 

"I am here to save you." the man says. 

Then, the world goes dark.

*A/N*

--------

I'm so sorry for the short chapter! I just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!