Chapter 10

Bucky's ASL 

Achilles ASL

As I snap out of this memory I realize that people are staring and whispering. 

"Loki," I say in a low tone "Why are all these people staring at us?" 

"Why, my dear, you are the lost noble of the court. Everyone has dreamed of being the one to find you." Loki replies in the same hushed tone.

Before I can reply a booming voice like Thors comes out of Knowhere. "Thor, what have you brought before me today?" 

"All'Father, I  present to you Sir Achilles, the lost noble."

"Achilles?" a males voice gasps, almost dropping a tray. "It IS you!" He puts the tray down and the man runs up to me and almost hugs me, but stops himself and bows at the last second. 

"Please, there is no need to bow. I am nothing special. I am just Achilles." I say sweetly, not recognizing the man. 

"Sir Achilles? Do you not recognize me? It's me, Charlie. I have missed you so!" he says excitedly 

"Please, do not call me 'Sir.' I am no noble as everyone claims. Besides that, I do apologize, I do not seem to remember you." I assert

"Oh, well that can change in time. Nevermind that for the meantime. Queen Frigga will want to see you and check you out to make sure you are alright."  

"But I have no money to pay the doctor. I must not." This is true but secretly I'm worried about how this will affect the soldier. 

"It's alright, doll. I'll go with you." Bucky murmurs to me, seeming to know what I was thinking. 

I cave and tell my apparent old best friend I will go. He's about to whisk me away without Bucky. I glance franticly back towards him and beg him to help.

Bucky grabs my hand gently and stares Charlie down. 

"I will go with him. No questions asked." he challenges Charlie. 

"That's alright, I suppose. Now come." Charlie says ushering us away

We walk to the place while Loki and Thor stay behind and talk with Odin. The silence is strong and I can tell Bucky is going to interrogate this boy names Charlie.

"So, Charlie, how do you know Achilles again?" Bucky says breaking the silence 

"Oh, I'm his best friend! We met the first day he arrived at the castle." he replies proceeding to eagerly tell of the fire that took my mom, and how I ran to the castle, and practically fell through the doors at the front. 

"Achilles was sixteen summers at this time. Lady Frigga took pity on him and trained his abilities. She's the reason he can heal so well now."

"I can heal people?" I question in surprise

"Why, yes. You're one of the best in the kingdom."

Bucky tenses up and I squeeze his hand gently to tell him that he doesn't need to say anything more. He glances over at me as we enter a medical wing with Charlie announcing our presence.

"Queen Frigga, I present to you, Achilles of Asgard, the lost noble, and Bucky of Midgard." 

A gasp from the lady who apparently is Frigga. She rushes over and starts firing questions at me.

"Achilles, where have you been? Are you hurt? Do you need anything to eat? Are you alright?" Frigga rapid fires as she looks me over. Her gaze lands on my metal arm and I instinctively tuck it behind me. She recognizes this gesture and nods slightly. 

"I do apologize. I don't recognize you, Queen Frigga." I say instead of answering the questions

"None of that here, call me All'Mother or Mother if you'd like." she dismisses "Now, sit on a bed. I'll look you over and see if there's any healing to be done. Charlie, and Bucky was it?"

Bucky gives a slight nod to that. "Yes, Lady Frigga." 

"You two may go. Charlie, take Bucky to retrieve some new cloths and a meal for him."

"I must insist I stay with Achilles." Bucky interrupts 

"Alright then, Charlie go and retrieve those things." 

"Yes your highness." Charlie replies

As Charlie leaves I sit on a bed ready for the pokes and prods from medical tools I'm so used to. Instead, the woman who insists on being called All'Mother waves her hand over me. 

"Now tell me where've you been all these years." 

"On Earth, All'Mother. I lived with Steve and Bucky and now the Avengers." 

"And what about the metal arm?" she inquires picking it up

"I was kidnapped and trained by HYDRA. They made Bucky and I into 'super soldiers'." I trust Frigga with everything already and I don't even remember her. That must be a good sign, right?

Bucky tenses up at the mention of HYDRA and squints his eyes at me, our way to ask if this is a good idea. I do our little nod back and we drop it. 

"I do apologize, All'Mother, but I do not seem to remember you? How do I know you again, if I may ask?" I carefully pry

"Why, Archie, I am your mentor. I trained your healing abilities and oversaw your mental and physical training to enter into Asgardian society. No need for formalities by the way, I do hate those." the Queen replies simply 

"I'm sorry but I don't remember this. It must be a mistake on my part." 

"Don't tell her more than you want to, doll. It might trigger the soldiers." Bucky signs at me

"Yes, I know. I'm being careful, buck-teeth." I sign back to him using his nickname

Frigga interrupts our conversation, "Your mind was broken many times, wasn't it, Archie?" 

I look at her confused since she shouldn't know that unless she's seen inside my memories or was there when it happened. Buck gives me a look too and his face mirrors mine. 

Frigga seems to know what we're both thinking so with a sigh she says, "Archie, I know you. Something has changed within you and it's not from being on Midgard for so long." 

Bucky seems to notice that I keep twirling my shirt and bouncing my leg from all the questions and insists I must nap. As he says this, Charlie walks in and overhears. 

"Of course, it does make sense. I can have your things taken to your room and I can help you change for a rest." he insists 

"I stay with him. Either in the same room or very close nearby." Bucky challenges 

We both know this is dangerous and could trigger the soldiers but it doesn't seem to matter to him.  

With much thought, Frigga asks for another bed to be put in my room so that we can stay close to each other throughout the night. Her look at me lets me know that she thinks Bucky and I are dating. Apparently everyone here knows I'm gay even though I haven't told anyone. 

Of course, Bucky and Steve know but that's only because I trust them the most.  

But how would All'Mother know? Never mind actually. That's tomorrows problem.

****A/N*****

GUYS ITS BEEN SO LONG!!! New chapter alert lmao XD

I'm so happy to be back and cannot wait until I can post more. For now enjoy this chapter! And lmk what yall think :D