Chapter 8

Bucky and I walk to my room as I lose myself in my thoughts. The truth is I remember very little about my past. I remember a home with a fireplace and that's about it. Maybe a woman and a man too but I'm not sure if that's true or just a dream.  Or are these two people one? And Loki? How do I know him and Thor? Why does Loki call me darling? I'm just bursting with questions but so little answers.

Bucky opens my door and breaks the silence. 

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean remember the last time we tried to get your memories back?" he questions with his worried eye crinkle

"Buck, you know how important this is to us. Our memories could tell us a lot about what happened to us." my job at convincing him isn't working

I throw some basic things into a small bag with multiple pockets. I also hide my knives in one of the pockets. Bucky throws me my shirt and with that I can zip up my bag and get ready to leave. 

"Look, I'm just saying this could be a terrible idea. What happens if the soldier comes out again?" we both can hear Steve talking to someone outside the door and ignore it.

"And I'm just saying this is a good idea. I will be careful, I promise. Nothing will happen." 

Suddenly comes a knock on the door. "Darling? It's time for us to leave." Loki calls out to me

"Yes, Loki! I'm coming." I shout back quickly 

"Buck, I will be okay. I'll try to text you if I can." I hold my burner up at that last comment

I open the door in some old jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. Loki looks me up and down as if I'm a supermodel. I'm not, though. I'm average, probably less than average. Blame HYDRA that I'm insecure. They took me with Bucky and made us into a killer. I killed Tony's mom and dad with Bucky. 

"Achilles!" Steve Rogers, my brother from another mother, yells down the hall. 

"Steve! Come here, man!" I call over to him. He crushes me into a hug almost as big as his crush on me. I've known him for a while, but he took me in and for that, he's a brother. 

After he releases me, he asks me the question I know he's going to love the answer to. 

"Where are you going? We don't have any missions as far as I know." Steve questions 

"Loki and Thor might have a way to get my memories back. I think it's worth a try."  

"Be careful, Arch. You know how I feel about leaving you alone with strange men." he teases 

"I will, Stevie, I promise. I'm just worried that whatever happens might trigger the soldier." 

"I thought of this, actually. I asked Thor and you're allowed to take Bucky with you. I explained the bare minimum for this to happen."

"Wow, thanks, Steve." I crush the human teddy bear into a hug  

"Of course! Just be safe...you know I worry about you." 

"I will. I promise I'll be okay."