Chapter 3

Loki's POV

--------------

I wake up when I hear a thud. I open my eyes and it takes me a minute to process what I'm seeing.  The boy, Achilles, was looking around where he was on the floor trying to figure out where he was. He glanced over my way and then seemed to remember what happened yesterday. Achilles face turns bright red as he realizes that I'm there in his bed. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" Achilles yelled 

"I am sorry Si-Achilles, but I heard you crying last night and came to comfort you," I say a little surprised because he doesn't seem like the type to yell "I must have fallen asleep after you fell asleep yourself."

"Why would you comfort me? You barely know me!" He's obviously in distress because I can hear the panic in his voice 

"I do apologize if I have offended you in any way, Achilles."

"You haven't you just took me by surprise" Achilles replies in a whisper after a pause "I apologize for yelling, Loki"

All of a sudden there is a knock at the door and his personal manservant is at the door. 

"Sir? May I come in? I have come to dress you for breakfast." his manservant says from behind the door. 

I shoot him a glance saying sorry and teleport to my room before the manservant can come in.

Achilles POV

------------

Before my eyes, Loki disappears in a flash of green. 

"Yes, you may come in."  A boy that seems to be a little older than me walks in and curtsies. 

"I am Charlie, Sir Achilles, I am to be your personal manservant while you reside here." Charlie introduces himself in a most official tone. 

"Please, call me Achilles. I come from a simple farming family so I've never been too keen on official titles for myself." I reply happy to have a friend in this new place. 

"Of course, Achilles. Come here, up off the floor, I am to dress you for breakfast." Charlie says with relief in his voice. 

He dresses me in a beautiful suit with green embellishing's that looks like it was made for a prince. He also does a beautiful updo where only half my hair is braided then tied up into a bun. I've always had my hair long, mainly because I was never able to afford a haircut. Plus it was easier to deal with than a short hair and it was custom for men to have their hair long. 

After I'm dressed Loki comes to escort me to breakfast. 

"Achilles, you look amazing." Loki breathes with a hint of a blush on his cheeks and ears. I'm sure it's just platonic though.

Still, I blush and look down at the ground. "Thank you, Loki. Now, shall we go to breakfast?" I ask wanting to get away from the situation. 

"We shall." Loki replies his voice low and deep, different from last night. I start to lead the way when he motions for me to. 

As we walk down the hall it's oddly silent but comfortable. I've always known that I was different from the other boys. The others in my year always talked about girls and who they would ask out to the next ball. I've always had a high respect for women but I always felt as if that I could never love one.  When we arrive at the door to the dining room, the doors open and a voice announces our arrival. 

"May I present, Prince Loki of Asgard and Sir Achilles of Asgard!" the deep and calm voice pronounces. 

 I bow to the court respectfully as Loki does the same next to me. The other boy from yesterday is there and waves us over to his table. Loki pulls my chair out and waits for me to sit. After he does he goes to sit down at his own seat. 

"Sir Achilles, I am Thor, Loki's brother. It is a pleasure to meet you." 

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Thor. I have not heard much about you." 

After that, I eat more than I've eaten in my entire life. I again realize I am safe for the first time in years. 

A/N 

-----

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how fast this story has picked up speed! I could never imagine that I would actually write a story like this so this is a dream come true! Thank you, my beautiful Dahliahs! I'll try to post another chapter soon!