Chapter 2

I finally feel strong enough to walk on my own so I stand up straight and turn to Loki. 

"Prince Loki, I thank you for helping me into the throne room but I feel strong enough to walk on my own. May you please show me to my room? I have had a long day and wish to eat something and rest." I ask

"Of course, Sir Achilles. It would be my honor. And please call me Loki. I am not that much older than you." Loki replied as he leads me out of the throne room. 

He's right. Loki seems to only be about a year older than me.  Maybe less but you can never tell with the Royal Family. 

"Then I must insist you call me Achilles. It only seems fair. Plus I'm not royal at all. I'm born of commoner parents. I'm nothing special at all." I nervously reply 

"I do not believe that, Achilles. My mother would not agree to mentor you in your abilities if she did not see something in you." 

"I suppose." 

"So you said that something about a fire earlier today. What happened?" He inquires 

"I'm not sure but I believe that I and my mother's small home caught on fire in the early morning hours and I ran here.  She said that AllFather would help me and AllMother would mentor my healing abilities." I reply sadly for I loved my mother. 

"Was it just your mother and you? You haven't mentioned your father?" He poses the last sentence as a question. 

"My father left when I was six years of age. I barely remember him being in my life before that anyways." 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Well, what of your mother? She seems like a good person." 

"My mother? Her name was Millicent. I was her only child so she was protective of me but she loved me very much. I'm not sure if she survived the fire." I look down at the ground and pray we will arrive at my room soon. 

"I'm sorry for your loss. You seemed very close with her." Loki says sincerely. He doesn't seem like the person the rumors make him out to be. 

"Yes, I was" I reply softly 

At that moment we arrive at a room that seems to be a common room. 

"You'll stay in a guest room here. The other rooms belong to Sif, Thor, the Warriors Three, and myself. This one is yours, it's right next to mine." 

We approach a door that is simple and white with a gold doorknob. Loki opens the door and we enter a large room. I gasp as I see how big the room is. It's as big as my mom and rooms combined. In other words: HUGE! I thank Loki and slip into the room. I decide to draw a bath for myself but I walk into the bathroom and see a bath has already been drawn. I bathe and eat some of the fruit I see in a bowl on the table. After I am bathed and fed I decide it would be a good idea if I napped since I had been up since three am and it was almost five in the evening. 

As I lay down the events of the past day suddenly crash into me like a tidal wave. I burst out in tears and cry. At some point, I hear the door open and feel arms around me pulling me into an embrace. I cry and cry but do not worry who is there because I have had a long day. At last, after I've calmed down and stopped crying I fall asleep in the person's arms because I am too tired to crawl into bed.