Chapter 9

I jog to the field where Thor, Loki, and Bucky are waiting for me.   

"There y'all are. I thought I wouldn't find you guys." I joke as I take up my usual position next to Bucky.

"What do you remember about Asgard, Achilles?" Thor politely asks  

"I remember a house with a fireplace and nothing else." I admit 

"There's a lot more that you don't remember. I already sent word to AllMother that we were coming home and had a surprise for her." He blushes at this again but I don't say anything about it.

"Heimdall, when you are ready!" Thor cuts into the silence

All of a sudden a bright light appears out of nowhere and I feel as if I could throw up right then. Thor steadies me against his arm and offers it out politely, while Loki scowls nearby. I can tell this bothers him but I can't tell how. 

Thor leads me to a tan horse. The horse is beautiful and snuggles up to me right away demanding treats. I offer her some plum that is in my pocket which the horse accepts right away.

"This is Roxy" Thor states "She is your horse."

"Darling, do you know how to ride a horse?"  Loki cuts in 

"Of course I do! I was around in the middle ages as a farm hand." I reply 

"She has only been ridden by you and Prince Loki." A tall, golden-eyed man says

I jump because he came out of Knowhere. 

"I am sorry to scare you, Sir Achilles. It is a pleasure to see you again." the man says 

"I do apologize," I squeak out "but I do not seem to remember you." 

"I am Heimdall." the man says "I am the gatekeeper of the nine realms. It has been quite a while and you have gone through so much. I have been there through it all, along with you. I am glad you are reunited with your dear Loki. The Prince has not been the same since you left." 

"Pardon? My 'dear Loki'?" I wondered 

"You must remember how close you were with the Prince before you got taken, Sir," Heimdall says matter of factly "The whole castle talked of you two courting."

"I apologize, I do not." I almost ask him what he means by that, but stop myself.

"Heimdall, that is quite enough. Achilles must gain their memories back on their own." Thor cuts in 

"Achilles, we must go. All'Father is waiting." Loki hurries "Bucky, you can ride the black horse." 

I forgot Bucky is there. He looks at me smiling. I can tell he likes me too. After the things we went through in HYDRA together, it's no wonder we have a bond that exceeds the one that Steve and I have. HYDRA took us and tortured us until we were killing machines. We killed hundreds of people all over the world who were a "threat" to HYDRA. They tried making us kill Steve and the rest of the Avengers, but Steve recognized us, so we were able to break free of HYDRA and finally find a family.  The Avengers took two unstable murders in and helped us get better. We are family, Bucky and I more than any others. 

"Achilles?" Bucky shakes me from my thoughts "Are you okay? The soldier isn't coming out, are they?" 

"No, Buck. I'm alright. Just thinking." I smile 

"Then get on, love. You're going to see your home again." Loki beams 

I get on and take off. We ride for about 15 minutes. After that, we arrive at what must be the castle. I step off and as I do I notice Loki has magically magicked a lovely suit on me. It's so soft and it feels comfier than anything I've worn before.  

We step into a glorious banquet hall. Then my first memory hits me. 

Loki and I arrive at the dining hall and Heimdall announces us. Before we can even get to our seats everything goes to Hel. Explosions everywhere, screaming, voices crying for help, sobs, everyone panicking. Loki tries to protect me but fails. I'm pulled away from him by someone I don't know, that I now know is one of HYDRAs "workers".

"LOKI!" Past me screams "HELP!"

"ACHILLES! NO!" Past Loki shouts right back

"HELP ME!" Past me screams trying to get away

"I'LL SAVE YOU!" Loki yells back trying to get to me

Past me doesn't even register what my mouth says next until Loki shouts it back:

"I LOVE YOU TOO!"

**A/N**

I know this is a bit of a longer chapter and I hope you like it. This took me a while to find the right words, after all.