xviii.

☽ RARE EGYPT☽

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"Okay, so what if its a boy?" I question Trevor hypothetically. We were currently sitting on my new couch, in my new house. Awaiting the few minutes till we have to leave for my appointment at 11:30am.

"My lil nigga gon' be a junior, duh." Trevor replied matter factly.

"Negative, Trevor is too basic." He scoffed making me laugh.

Over the course of the days we've been back in contact, our relationship has been very strange. When we first met we jumped right into a relationship and hardly formed a true, authentic friendship. Now that we're trying to, its different.

We dont do the sleep overs anymore, nor talking on the phone all hours of the night. Trevor seriously went a along with just being friends. And honestly its biting me in the ass.

At first I was all for it and truly wanted to take things slow. But now Im getting beyond feed up. Im so used to being laid up with him and now we only touch to give that fake, half ass hug friends give to eachother.

Im starting to think that I did the wrong thing. I dont want to end up just his babys mom. I want an actual love foundation that my child doesnt have to stress over, in the long run. I shouldnt worry myself too much but I cant help it. All I have to go off is Trevor knows my intentions and hasnt seemed to given up that easy.

I was too deep into my thoughts, that I didnt even here Trevor calling my name.

"Huh?" I ask looking back up at him.

"I said are you alright? Its time for us to leave." He looked at me genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, Im fine, c'mon." I stand grabbing my keys and purse leading him out the house to my Range.

****

We walked into the doctor office to see quite a few couples, and single mothers in here.

I quietly walked to the front desk and signed in before taking a seat in the corner with Trevor beside me.

"You nervous?" Trevor asked me breaking the silence. I shook my head no, biting the corner of my bottom lip. He gently push the hair in my face behind my ear, making me finally give him my attention. "You seem nervous." He studied my face awaiting my answer but got a blank stare instead.

Just as he was about to speak again, they called my name. "Rare Egypt!" I instantly grabbed Trevor's hand, as we stood and followed the nurse.

She eventually lead us to a room, that had a big chair for the doctor to exam you in. Also two smaller ones off to the side.

"The doctor will be with you shortly." The nurse smiled at us before leaving, closing the door behind her.

I sat in the bigger chair while Trevor stood next to me still trying to study me.

I know hes trying to get me to speak but Im too anxious to do so. So many things are running through my head right now, that I cant even hold a small conversation.

I fiddled with my fingers looking down at my lap when I heard the door open. I snapped my head up making eye contact with, whom I'm assuming, the doctor. She was an older, brown skin, sort of thick lady.

"Rare?" She smiled brightly, stepping in making sure to close the door back. I gave her a forced smile. Taking a seat in the stool with wheels she came to the side of the chair, holding out her hand for me to shake. "Im doctor Grahams."

I politely shook it and cleared my throat before speaking. "Nice to meet you."

"How are you, Sir?" Dr.Grahams ask Trevor, he gave her a charming smile while holding out his hand to shake.