iii.

TREVOR KENNETH SAL

Its been a quick little minute since I last heard from Rare, all week to be exact. It was now my birthday and I was at home getting dressed for my party but still felt some type of way about not hearing from Rare. I told her to keep in touch, but then again I never really bothered to reach out either.

I mean about two days ago I was chillin' with King and asked him about her and he said they hung out earlier this week. Of course they did, they're siblings, speaking of which, I took Rare's advice and just let the whole pregnancy shit go. Im happy Im getting a niece or nephew and thats all that matters.

Me and Tyla even had a talk about it a few hours ago. Since she isn't coming to the club for our birthday I took her out to eat earlier today. We worked things out and its pretty much back to normal.

My ringing phone on my bed broke me from my thoughts. I walked over to answer and saw it was King.

"Yeah?" I answer giving myself one last look in the mirror to make sure I looked right, then grabbed some money and my keys.

"Where you at man?" He asked as I turned everything off and locked up my condo.

"Im on my way dawg, damn, how you gonna rush the birthday man? And ain't you suppose to be at home with yo baby mama." I tease, once I stepped off the elevator I walked outside to the parking lot over to my car.

"I was trying to stay but she made me come, I'll probably just leave early though, we have a doctors appointment in the am." He tells me as I make a right on to the highway. I should be there in about 10 minutes or so, its wasn't much traffic which is odd for a friday night.

"Well look at chu' being mister super baby daddy and shit!" I laugh making him do so too.

"Man whatever just come on."

"I'm parking right now man." I tell him as I pull into the packed parking lot.

We disconnect the call as I pull into my signature spot, I have connects plus i'm the birthday nigga.

I step out was swarmed with happy birthdays I politely thanked them as I made my way to the front of club Simmers where King was waiting. We dapped each other up and I nod my head at the bouncer then make my way inside. Time to fuck it up, ya boy finally 20!

****

A few hours into the party Rare was still a no show. I know she didn't say for sure if she was coming but man I dont know.

I'm suppose to be enjoying myself all these people here for my birthday I guess in a way I'm being ungrateful. I'm somewhat enjoying myself but it be even better if Rare was here. I scanned the club from the upstairs vip room where me and a few of my homies was too. King, Matt, and Lest.

Matt and Lest had like two broads each, while King was being faithful and didn't even glance. I don't know if hes doing that because Im here or hes truly not interested.

I had none as well, I'm only worried bout one female and I don't care for the hoes that throw themselves at men. I can't handle another thot, I learned my lesson with Maria.

Speaking of Maria, why does she suddenly feel bold? Walking up to the vip like shes welcomed. Her ass better be thankful I even let her stay in the club tonight.

Please believe if I wanted to be a petty ass nigga, I could have gotten her kicked out. I stood to my feet stopping her before she got too comfortable.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask, she looked at me with lust in her eyes. I aint gone lie she still fine as fuck but I ain't falling for that trap again. "Chill man. Gone back down there, you aint welcome up here." I spoke she ain't speaking and its irritating me. When she saw how serious I was she looked hurt, her eyes filled with tears. I hate seeing females cry but honestly I could careless about her and her feelings.