xx.

☼ TREVOR SAL ☼

"Can a pregnant girl fly on an airplane?" I ask my mom cautiously, it was random, but I really need to know. We were in her kitchen as she prepared lunch for my father and herself.

"Up to their third trimester, yes." She answered absentmindedly, focusing on the sandwich in front of her. Thats good, because Rare is only in her first and isn't even showing yet. "Why, plan on flying Tyla out somewhere?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, but I think its best if I don't, shes hella huge, Ima just take Lo." I try to play it off, but my mom is now watching me with a raised brow.

Rare does the same damn thing and I dont know what the hell it means but I dont like it. Luckily just as shes about to speak my dad walks in.

"Whats up, lil nigga?" He slams his ol crusty big ass hand on my back, damn near knocking me over. "I take it you and my daughter in law finally made up. You aint damn near in tears no more." He tease with a smirk, I kiss my teeth and lean back in my seat. Wasn't nobody even finna fucking cry. "Where is baby girl anyways?"

"Shes getting her nails down the street but I didnt wanna smell that shit." I said simply pulling out my phone to see that she texted me. I seen my mom shake her head out the corner of my eye.

"What?" Both my father and I ask looking at her.

"Yall have some filthy mouths." She says calmly in her soft voice, pushing my dads plate towards him. I dont know what to say so I dont say anything at all and look towards my dad for assistance.

"Sorry baby, we'll keep it censored when you're around." My dad tried to reason with her but she shook her head again.

"No no, do as yall please, yall are grown." She then walked out to go answer the ringing door bell as my dad glares at me.

"Got damn Kenneth, you cant watch ya mouth around ya moms?!" He scolds me, making me look at like that 'the fuck, nigga?'

"You was-"

"I know what the hell I was doing, boy." He cut me off shaking his head too. This family so damn dramatic, I'd like to say I was the only one whos not but I have my moments. Tyla is really the only normal one. "You know we really gotta stop cussing in front of her." I simply nod my head, agreeing.

My moms never liked that my dad cusses and ever since me and Troy picked up that trait up from him, shes resented it even more. I never bothered to ask why, but I'll stop if it'll make her comfortable. Even though I've heard her cuss a few times, she only says baby words like 'damn' and 'ass', when shes in one of her many silly moods.

Soon we heard voices coming down the hall way towards the kitchen. Once they turned the corner I seen my mom come in with two ladies following her. One clearly the mom and a younger one around my age. The younger one looked real familiar but I cant remember where I seen her at.

"This is my eldest son, one of the twins, Trevor and my husband Calvin." My mom introduce us, we both gave them simple head nods as they waved, taking seats around the kitchen island. "This is my friend from college, Brenda and her daughter, Nia."

The moment that name left her mouth I remembered that girl from chipotle about a week ago. The one that was trying to hit on me while I was waiting for Rare. Im guess she remembered me too because she sure is staring a nigga down right now. Like damn girl.

"Ma, I got to go get Lo." I say standing to my feet but looking at the text Rare sent. She didnt exactly tell me she was ready but I dont want this damn Nia girl staring at me any longer.

"Oh okay, bye sweetie." My mom replies with a genuine smile. "Be sure to tell LoLo to call me." I go over to hug and kiss her goodbye, mumbling a 'yes ma'am', then shaking hands with my dad.