Part 10

A week has gone by so fast since being in Italy and I can confess it is such an inspiring place. the first assignment is a portrait of me near one of three places, free of choice. One place is below the clocktower, detail on the clock above. another place is at that fountain I took a pic of when I got off the plane which is no problem, and the last place is near the Volterra castle in the throne room.

That took some thinking and I decided on the fountain portrait for the painting of the five artworks and the assignment is with me below the clocktower. Because I am right near the suite, I am able to work on both paintings at the same time. Like animation, flipping back and forth to copy a piece of art but without the changing of expression or movement. I have successfully done my face and posture, now onto the background which is two different things.

As I have a pencil in my mouth and a paintbrush in my hand, my phone rings beside me. I glance overseeing it is an unknown number. I used my left hand to take the pencil out of my mouth, place it on the table and tap the accept button of the caller.

"Hello miss Swan, it is Aro Volturi." I quirk an eyebrow at why he is calling me.

"Hi, um, is there something the matter?" I ask focusing back on painting the white on the fountain.

"My brothers and I wanted you to receive our number so that when we do call for a visit you know it is us. I hope it is alright." aro asks. Awe, he is such a sweetheart.

"No that is alright. It is better than you coming in here surprising me and catching me in  the middle of something embarrassing." I blush as I picture being naked with my wings and feathers out as the males walk in and look at me.

"Yes, that would be very inappropriate and unprofessional of us." I hear him clear his throat. I bet he too is picturing the hint I gave him. "Well, that is all, and hope your artwork is coming along."

"Yeah, I am working on the portrait painting assignment."  I told him, leaning back to admire the colors and lines and everything done so far which are beautiful but not yet finished.

"Oh, that is wonderful news." He laughs with a hehehe making me smile and give my own chuckle. "Can't wait to see it with my brothers. We will now leave you to your work, good day miss swan."

"Good day to you, sir. Bye." I tap the red button ending the call and look outside the window overlooking the city. I have no idea why that simple call with Aro got me to be in a great mood. I look behind me as my wings flap a few times in giddiness.

Such a kind gentleman turned my whole simple time to be of enjoyment. I don't how it is possible but I am glad he did call. I take a deep breath, took in all of the excitement and joy, and breathed it out calming my wings from fluttering too much.

Another three hours of painting and both my assignment and my first art piece are done. I slide out of my chair and walk back a few steps to look at my work from a far end. That is a really incredible masterpiece I have made.

I head over to my red leather bag and pull out my black camera. Heading back, I place the camera down on the table before clearing away the mess and supplies. I bring the art pieces over to a couch standing up. I grab once more the camera before lifting it to my eyes.

Closing my left eye and with my right looking into the lens. Moving and leaning for a right angle before taking a few photos. I don't only take one because a) I need copies to send to other people and b) it helps work on photography skills for the next workpiece.

I smile before placing the camera down on the living room coffee table and placing my artwork in two separate places. My showcase piece is in a big black carrier bag for me to keep from getting dusty and it is ready to bring wherever the Volturi brothers need me to show them.

For the assignment I placed it in a clear plastic bag I brought from home and placed it in my room. I nod at accomplishing my task before going and cleaning up and organizing my desk. After all that, I prepare a small platter for lunch and head with my camera to the couch, and take out my laptop.

I take out the clip from the camera and slide it into the hard drive that is plugged into my laptop. I first sent the showcase portrait to my father, Jacob, the brothers, Marc my professor, and copied and saved it for my personal file which then is put in my USB I carry around 24/7.

When all that is done, I close my laptop, put away the hard drive, and bring my plate to my room watching the rest of the afternoon a movie. I know what you are thinking, what if someone comes into the apartment and sees me with my wings out.

Oh, someone actually did last night. I was coming out of the shower when I saw a shadow coming up the stairs. I froze under the moonlight. It was the cleaning lady and before walking in she looked around the room.

I swear, she looked right through me and seemed to have not noticed me even though I was standing out in the open. She took the trash out and left down the elevator. I did check the mirror wondering why she didn't see me and I saw I wasn't there. I had no reflection, I was invisible. Although when I moved out of the moonlight to take a closer look, I appeared back.

I stepped back and forth from the moonlight and out again and the same thing happened. I turn invisible under the moonlight. Cool but scary. Have to be careful next time.

*That is so cool. I think many wishes to be invisible in certain situations in the past right?

Comment down below your thoughts and feelings about the chapter.

Enjoy for the story has just begun.=)*