𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

Greece
3000 BC

A/N: these Greece chapters have my heart.

"Why is it that you're always hanging upside down on trees, beautiful Vena?"

"It's fun! But I can never seem to get down."

"That's because you first have to sit up and then get down." Druig pointed out and I shrugged laughing at him. "Do I somehow amuse you?"

"You're upside down." I said between giggles and he rolled his eyes smiling.

"More like I'm right side up and you're the one who's upside down."

"I like my version better." I smirked sitting up and jumped down from the branch. "It's nice to see you out of the Domo. You haven't been out much since we got here."

"I've been too busy thinking." He shrugged handing me my bag. "On the other, you haven't been inside the Domo since we arrived, except the time that Ikaris dragged you for a meeting."

"I like this place, Druig. It's different than Egypt. It's calmer and the humans are much more keen on learning instead of killing each other like savages. Plus, the scenery is extremely beautiful." I said and gestured to the buildings. "They made those with their bare hands! Hand carved and everything! Can you believe that?"

"It's a lot more calmer than Egypt... Maybe these humans won't turn into such savages." Druig mused and I slapped his shoulder. "Hey!"

"They're not savages! They're just... confused. But I haven't lost faith in them yet, and neither should you."

"As long as you haven't lost faith in them, I won't either." He smiled and I couldn't help but smile back. "Have you found any new places to show me, beautiful Vena?"

"Well, there's-"

"Awww, little Druig and little Vena out for a stroll. That's cute." I heard Ikaris' voice and I groaned.

"Awww, it's the man who flew too close to the sun... and died what is considered to be a very anticlimactic death. Remind me to thank Sprite for that later on." I smirked. "There's this thing called minding your own business, ever heard of it? Or has stalking Sersi all the time made you more stupid than before?"

"Like Druig hasn't been stalking you?" He teased and Druig tensed up stepping away slightly.

"At least he has courage to actually talk to me and be my friend, Ikaris. How long have you been pining on Sersi? Two thousand years? Ouch." I teased back and watched as Ikaris' eyes glowed. "Ooh, gonna hurt me again? This should be fun."

"Remember your place and what Ajak told you, Ikaris." Druig spoke from behind me and I smirked watching him fly away. I turned to Druig who was extremely flustered and looking at the ground. "Vena, I-"

"Come on, I wanna show you what I found."

...

"Are we there yet?"

"Stop whining, we've only been hiking for a while. We took breaks per your request."

"These sandals were not made for walking these distances, beautiful Vena." Druig groaned and I rolled my eyes.

"And I'm wearing something that limits my movements. Suck it up, we're here."