𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

ROME
105 BC

"Boo!"

"Nice try. Being married for almost four hundred years taught me to always look up when I'm out for a walk." Druig smirked crossing his arms over his chest as I hung upside down on a tree. "Phastos was searching for you all morning, beautiful."

"I was with Sersi and Makkari all morning. Until Ikaris came and stole her from me and Makkari went to search for more items to trade for who knows what now." I shrugged holding his hands. "What about you?"

"Just for a walk admiring the city. I think they're copying the Greeks." He shrugged and I nodded jumping off the tree. "Though I must admit that the Coliseum is the most impressive thing I've ever seen so far."

"The Greeks have Adonis, the romans just mention Mars and Venus." Druig scoffed and I laughed hugging his waist. "It's funny and you know it."

"Sure, have the bloodthirsty war god Ares but not the caring and pacifist mortal Adonis." He grumbled kissing my forehead and touched the braids Sersi did on me this morning. "These are pretty. They suit you."

"They're similar to the ones I used to do in Greece, that's why I like them so much."

"Speaking of Greece

"Speaking of Greece... When are we going back? We had fun there, didn't we?" Druig smiled and I rolled my eyes linking arms with him and walked around the city. "We did! Especially the night that-"

"You swore we'd never speak of that night!" I gasped and he laughed. "It was a one time and you swore to never again mention it."

"I wasn't talking about that night, but thank you for reminding me."

"Then which?"

"Do you remember our first few nights in Greece? The nights we spent by the waterfall?"

"I have a faint memory." I teased. "We spent the entire day in the water and at night we would change the names of the constellations for fun and make up stories to tell the people someday."

"Those nights reminded me of the moment I knew that I was in trouble." He said and I looked up at him confused.

"What kind of trouble?"

"The kind of trouble that makes you fall hopelessly in love with someone, my starlight."

"And what moment was that?"

"Way back during our first few years in Egypt. You were covered head to toe in Deviant blood, bruised and barely able to walk without any kind of help. But you still wanted to help the humans who got injured and help them rebuild what they lost. Ikaris and Kingo had to drag you kicking and screaming to the Domo and as soon as you were healed, you were back out in the city rebuilding houses with Phastos... That night we found you eating with one of the families and dancing around with their children."