тωσ

"You look tired."

"I'm exhausted."

"The nightmare again?" Makkari asked furrowing her eyebrows when I nodded. "Persephone... this has gone on long enough. What about Druig?"

"He won't do it anymore. Can't say I blame him, y'know? But I can't sleep, Makkari. I'm terrified of falling asleep now. That's how bad it's getting." I shrugged and a plate of fruit was placed in front of us. "Thank you, Gil."

"Little one, you look exhausted." Gilgamesh pointed out just as I yawned. "And I was right."

"She's not sleeping."

"Bite me, Makkari."

"Is it the nightmares again?" Sersi butted from the corner of the room and Makkari nodded. "Vena, what are the nightmares about?"

"I'm not talking about them." I grumbled and Gilgamesh sighed.

"I'm not saying everything that happens... All I know is that Druig dies in every single one." He said and Sersi gasped rushing to my side.

"How!?"

"I'm not saying." I spat and continued to do the puzzle I was doing earlier with Makkari. "What happens in my mind is my business. I'd appreciate it if you all just back off and hop off my ass for one minute."

"You need to talk to someone about this." Sersi sighed and I shook my head. "Maybe Ajak could-"

"She's tried. Ajak won't listen. So she still has them and Druig has to ease her to sleep every night. But since he's away with Ikaris, Sprite, Thena and Kingo, she hasn't been sleeping." Makkari explained.

"How long will they be gone?"

"At least a few more days, according to Ajak. Which isn't a lot considering how long Vena leaves when she's fighting Deviants, but she needs the sleep." Phastos shrugged and turned to me. "You have bags under your eyes and you look half dead."

"Thanks, Phastos. You look half dead as well." I spat and placed the last piece of the puzzle.

"I sleep, you don't."

"Vena, it's normal to have the fear of losing Druig. Just like he has the fear of losing you." Sersi said and I sighed banging my head on the table. "What's not normal is you having these nightmares every single night. Especially when he's away and can't soothe your mind."

"I've tried, okay? I've tried everything. From him tampering with my mind to exhausting myself and passing out in random corners. But nothing works, Sersi. I can't help it." I mumbled as Makkari forced me to stop banging my head.

"Maybe you could sleep with one of us, at least until Hades comes back."

"I spend my nights with Makkari."

"She's scared to be alone. And it's fun because we escape in the middle of the night to go through the city."

"Ares comes back, I'm staging an intervention. This has gone on long enough." Gilgamesh shrugged and I groaned resting my head on Sersi's shoulder.

"What about Ares?" Druig asked walking inside and frowned when he saw me. "I've been gone for ten days... Don't tell me that you haven't slept at all!"

"She hasn't!" Makkari signed and I punched her shoulder. "It's obvious! I'd lie if you didn't have those bags under your eyes!"

"Was it the nightmare?" Druig asked kissing my cheek and crouched down in front of me. "You definitely haven't slept a wink, my darling."