𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

~Druig's POV~

"Druig, what the hell!? You could've gotten killed!"

"I had it perfectly handled, thanks."

"No, you did not! I had to drag your ass! And not to mention that you almost got bit!"

"Vena, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes as Ajak healed me and Vena paced the lab. "You don't have to worry about me."

"No? You took the damn hit when I could've perfectly handle it! Hell, even Makkari was running to aid me. You didn't have to do that!" She exclaimed pulling at her beautiful hair and Sprite snickered. "I swear to Arishem, Sprite. Not the time!"

"Vena, you were being dragged around by the Deviant. If I hadn't stepped in-"

"I was trying to find a way to send fire straight to its heart, Druig! I'm always being dragged by the Deviants before I kill them!" Vena yelled as her eyes glowed for a few seconds.

"But I managed to control it, so it wouldn't kill you." I pointed out and she glared at me.

"Resulting in you getting bit!" Vena spat back and shook her head. "Y'know what... you do you, I guess. I'll see you all later. I need to blow off some steam."

We all watched as Vena grabbed her bag and stormed out of the lab with Makkari and Sersi following her.

I sighed sitting up and brushed Ajak's hand away.

"Well... she's mad." Sersi mumbled walking back inside. "I've never seen her scream at us that way, only at Ikaris."

"She screamed?" Phastos asked in shock. "That's a first."

"I believe her exact words were 'if you all want to get killed by the Deviants, do it at your own time. But don't do it trying to protect me.' Then she broke a few boulders and stormed off telling us not to follow her." Sersi shrugged sitting next to Ikaris.

"She's never acted this way, Druig. What really happened?" Makkari asked and I sighed rubbing my temples.

"She was inches away from getting killed and she didn't notice. She was acting careless again. The humans were miles away from the fight, so I managed to tap into the mind of the Deviant to let her go. But all she saw was me getting bit. After that, she had to pretty much drag me to Ajak while trying to shoot at the remaining Deviants." I explained.

"Maybe it's best if she's away from the action for a little bit. Just until she gets her head straight again." Ajak sighed and Thena protested.

"It'll be worse if you do that, Ajak. Vena just needs to blow off some steam. She's been having a few bad days and it piled up making her explode." Thena said.

"Last night, we couldn't find her for hours until she joined us at the feast. I think that's the first night she refused to dance and left right before Kingo's story." Gilgamesh added and we all felt the ground shake. "And she's still mad."

"Upset actually. She's been having a lot of bad days lately." Makkari shrugged and I tilted my head.

"How so, Makkari?" Sprite asked and she sighed.

"Having to fight the Deviants every day, being constantly on edge, Ikaris bothering her constantly, her not sleeping, etcetera."

"I'm bothering her with reason!" Ikaris defended and I scoffed. "I... need her help with something and she's been giving me the cold shoulder."

"That's because you've been treating her like shit for the last two thousand years." Phastos pointed out. "Have you tried... oh I don't know... BEING NICE!?"