𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪

37 AD
CHINA

"Where is he!?"

"Who?"

"Druig." I panted holding onto Ikaris for stability. "It's bad. Really bad."

Today was supposed to be a calm day. Druig and I were walking around the village when it happened. Neither of us could've stopped it if we wanted to.

"What happened Vena?" Ikaris asked gesturing for me to sit down but I shook my head gasping for breath. "Breathe, Vena."

"A fight broke out. A full blown brothel... Three people dead. Druig tried to stop it, but it was too late. After that, it's all been a blur. I've been searching for him since it happened. I even have Makkari speeding around the town, Sprite asking everyone, Kingo too. Sprite's worried that he might do something he'll regret... I need to find him, Ikaris. He's not in our hiding places." I choked out through tears and Phastos placed a hand on my shoulder as Ikaris hugged me tight.

"He bursted in here moments before you did. We just heard a scream and that was it." He said handing me some water. "We were going to check on him, but I thought it would be best to wait for you."

"You made the right choice. Find the others and call off the search please. And whatever you do... don't tell Ajak about this. I'm begging you, Ikaris." I pleaded and he nodded pulling away and left the Domo.

Phastos gave me a small smile and I nodded at him leaving the lab. Once I left, I was met with a deafening scream that broke my heart.

I opened the door to our room and saw Druig on the floor surrounded by a broken chair and desk and a few broken statues.

"My sweet Adonis... I'm so sorry." I whispered crouching down in front of him and pulled him close to me. "It's just you and me, Dru... Let it out, it's okay."

"I could've saved them... I could've saved them." He sobbed clinging to me. "Why do they do this, Vena?"

"If only I had the answers and the ability to take away your pain." I whispered stroking his hair and placed a kiss on his head. "We can't save everybody-"

"But we should! I have the power to make them stop but it's Arishem's bloody rule that stops me... I just wanna help them."

"I know... I want to help them too." I said standing up and dragged him to the bed. Druig laid down and immediately pulled me to his side still clinging to me. "We couldn't have stopped it, Dru. We noticed too late."

"I... I care about them... so damn much." He choked out and I closed my eyes trying to stop my own tears.

"They're lucky to have someone who cares about them as much as you do... But this isn't your fault, Druig. It's none of our faults."

"Don't let me go... please. I don't want to be alone." He whispered against my neck and I nodded wrapping my arms around him even tighter. "Don't leave me alone."

"I'll stay here for as long as you want me to, Druig. I'm not going anywhere."

...

"You should eat something, Vena. It's been three days since we've last seen you both."

"I'm starving." I mumbled rubbing the sleep off my eyes and Thena handed me a plate of food.

"How's Ares?"

"As you could expect. He only leaves the bed when I force him to shower. After that, he's right back in there amd crying his eyes out. Makkari, Sprite and Sersi are with him so I could finally eat something." I sighed sitting next to Gilgamesh who put an arm around me. "This is hell. I can't bear to see him destroy himself like this."