The Seen...!

The birds chirped on the trees nearby as your gaze shifted to the man holding you firmly.

He was injured and covered with temporary bandages all over but those eyes, his killer eyes never missed to make your heart skip a beat.

"Itachi...."

You whispered.

He slowly let you lean on his body and sat against the tree with you. He gently shifted you into his lap as you snugged your face into his chest.

"You shouldn't be here.... (Y/n)", Itachi said calmly as he placed his hand behind your head.

"I was worried about you- " you choked on your emotions as your felt overwhelmed by all of your feelings.

Itachi sensed your intentions and chuckled softly while he played with your hair.

"You need rest..." He spoke.

You didn't reply because siting in his lap was the most healed thing that could have happen.
You tightened your grip on his clothes as your head snuggled deeper.

You both stayed like that for half an hour. Itachi finally noticed the cold breeze giving you goosebumps and hugged you tighter.

"(Y/n).... It's not safe here, you should go"

Itachi tried to explain again but you ignored it like a stubborn child.

"(Y/n)....!" He called for you again but you didn't reply.

"(Y/n)!..." Itachi placed his finger under your chin and lifted your face with a little force.

Your eyes swiftly met his crimson orbs and you gradually lost the focus and senses of your existence.
.
.
.

.
.

Your eyes slowly opened in the middle of the night laying on your bed when the clock struck 1 am. Your body felt heavy and you could feel the after effect of Genjutsu hitting you hard.

You slowly turned yourself towards the window noticing your similar drapes and moonlit night. You looked on the empty side of the bed and your mind had a flashback of Itachi sleeping there.

Your cheeks turned dusty pink as you refreshed your memories. But it only lasted for few minutes, as your head felt really heavy and you drifted back to unconsciousness.
.
.

.

It has been few days since the incident and you were recovering well. Moreover, Neji was beside you most of the time with all kind of support but somehow, you resented him because he was the reason Itachi was badly wounded.

Whenever you go out in the streets your eyes wandered around trying to catch a glance of an Akatsuki cloak.

When you laid in bed at night your gaze was always focused on the window, hoping he will come.

But alas, this wasn't the case and you were getting little sad as Itachi didn't come back or tried to contact you for quite a time.

One day, you were walking in the woods enjoying some fresh air when you noticed the shift in surroundings. Your senses got awaken as you halted and looked around.

You sensed something behind you and quickly tried to escape but something had grabbed your feet. A strong arm pressed against your shoulder as the man pulled you closer to his body with a brutal force, placing a Kunai under your jaw.

" (L/N) (y/n)...... would you like to tell what happened to my Partner Hidan?"