𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀

ѕιℓαηα'ѕ ѕαηιту

𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘙𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦 𝘈𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘼𝙩𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙖, 𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙖

𝘼𝙩𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙖, 𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙖

The sound of the Warden's voice rang through every cell of Raulson's Juvenile Facility. It was 6:00 AM, their mandatory wake-up time.

"Fuck man! Why this nigga gotta yell every single morning!" 19 year old Kanari groaned as she rose up from the hard prison-like beds.

As always, she threw a pillow at her cellmate, making her shoot up immediately.

"Get up Silana! It's time for you ta' get the fuck outta here!" She murmured. Silana sat up on the cardboard like structure and huffed, trying to gain her bearings from being forced awake.

She turned to see her cellmate Kanari making up her bed "Get up bitch! You finna get the fuck up outta dodge and you layin down. GET UP!" she yelled, launching her other pillow at her head.

She groaned as she got out of the bed, walking straight to the toilet. "Turn around ho I gotta pee." she mumbled, slowly sitting down on the toilet seat. She did her business and wiped herself off before flushing the toilet and washing her hands.

She trudged over to her bed and fixed her sheets and placed her pillows back on the bed before sitting back down on it.

"How you feel Mami! You finally getting out of this hellhole! You get to be free, go find you a nigga, get to meet you a nice family an' allat!" She said happily.

Silana's heart dropped at the sound of a "new family." She knew once she got out of there she was goin right back to the shelter, and would most likely be there until she turned 18.

"When I get out i'm goin' dolo. Ima wait these 10 months and as soon as I turn 18 i'm getting the fuck on." She mumbled as she stacked all her notebooks neatly in her old cereal box.

Kanari sighed as she sat next to her on the twin sized bed "Ima' miss you li' gir, soon as I get outta here Ima find you and we gon be back, cooler than ever." she said as she nudged her shoulder.

Silana gave her a faint grin as she leaned her head on her shoulder. It had been a long four years and Kanari was only there for two, but she was still the only person she had. Kanari was like her big sister in a way.

"Nari i'm scared, i'm not gon be able to make it....this world too big for me." She mumbled, nervous to hear the warden's voice. "I need you with me ta' help me when I have setbacks an' shit. I cant leave with you still in' hea." She trailed off.

"Silana I love you ta' death but you gotta forget about me for a second! You getting outta here girl! An' I know life ain' been tha best fa' you but Silana you gotta go out there an' find yo' voice! You gotta promise me that you gon embrace the situation and move forward instead of hiding in the shadows with fear in' ya heart." She said before pulling her into a tight hug.