Toddler Series: First Day of Pre-school

A/N: We know it’s been a while, but finally have a new preference! We don’t have the heart to leave Zayn out of preferences. Plus Zayn as a daddy is so cute. Hope you enjoy this new preference.

LIAM:
"Hello Mr Payne," the pre-school teacher said, smiling kindly, "and you must be Amelia." Liam looked down and frowned as his little daughter stepped back, hiding behind his legs. "Emmy," Liam whispered, brushing her light brown away from her face. "Don’t worry, a lot of children are shy or scared on their first day," the teacher said understanding, "you can stay until she gets settled if you like. You can put her bag in the room behind you." "Thank you," Liam replied, "come on Emmy." She looked up with matching brown eyes. Liam knew that look and gently scooped her up, sitting her on his hip. She smiled and snuggled into her father’s chest. Liam kissed her head and walked towards the bag room. He knelt down and put her on the floor. "Who’s bag goes in here?" he asked, pointing to her name card on the shelf. "Me," she giggled and watched Liam put her bag in the spot. "That’s right. You can show mummy when she picks you up," Liam explained. Amelia nodded as the teacher walked in. "Amelia, we are going to read a story, would you like to listen?" she asked. Amelia nodded and took her teacher’s hand. Liam smiled proudly; his little sweetpea was growing up.

LOUIS:
“Daddy, daddy,” Noah squealed, dropping the toy car he was playing with and running towards his father. Louis chuckled and knelt down just as Noah crashed into his chest. “Hey buddy,” Louis said, “did you have a good time?” Noah pulled away and nodded quickly. “Come daddy,” he grabbed Louis’ hand. Louis stood up and let his little boy guide him around the room. He smiled politely at other parents and carefully walked over the small toys on the ground. Noah stopped and pressed his little hands against the big window. “Play outside with friends,” Noah lisped, “kick goal.” “You played soccer with your new friends?” Louis chuckled, little father, little son. Noah nodded and grabbed his father’s hand again, before walking away. “Read books too,” he pointed to the bookshelf, “play car race.” “Sounds like you had a lot of fun,” Louis replied, “shall we get your bag and we can go home? Mummy missed you today.” Noah squealed and ran to the bag room. Louis walked to the front door and watched Noah. He slid his backpack on and waved goodbye to his teacher. “See you tomorrow,” Louis waved. He picked Noah up and walked outside, “I’m proud of you buddy.”

NIALL:
"Did you have fun?" Niall asked his young twins. He kissed Declan’s forehead and closed the car door, before walking around his Range Rover. "Tanks daddy," Cora lisped, after Niall did her seat belt up. "You’re welcome princess," he replied and closed her door. "Dec, what was your favourite thing?" Niall asked, as he started the car. When he didn’t get a reply, he looked in the rear view mirror and smiled. Declan was fast asleep with his little mouth open slightly. "Shh daddy," Cora giggled, pressing a finger against her lips, "Dec sleep." "He is. He is tired after playing all day," Niall replied as he continued driving, "what did Cora do at pre-school?" Cora smiled and kicked her feet happily as she thought about all the fun she had. "Play dolls," she answered, "play-dough. Daddy, play-dough the best." Niall chuckled as he pulled into the drive way. Once he helped Cora out of the car, she ran inside. "Mummy mummy," Cora yelled, "guess what I did at school?" Niall smiled to himself and gently lifted Declan up out of his car seat. "Daddy?" he stirred and snuggled into his father’s chest. "It’s alright buddy. We are home now," Niall whispered and kissed his son’s head. We followed the excited voice of his daughter inside. He was proud of his little munchkins and hoped they would be this excited tomorrow!

HARRY:
“Wow,” Spencer whispered, as she took in her surroundings. Toys and children filled the room with various parents standing around. You took of Spencer’s jacket and walked to the bag room, leaving Harry behind. “Bye daddy,” she giggled happily and stepped away from her father. She turned around and waved excitedly at him, before running off to join some children playing. Harry frowned. ‘Wasn’t she supposed to be sad or cry? How was she ok with leaving me?’ he thought. “What about a kiss goodbye for daddy?” he called out, following his little girl. Spencer turned around, brown hair bouncing in her pigtails. “Come on Angel,” he cooed, kneeling down as she ran to him. “Bye daddy,” she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. “Bye Angel. Have fun and daddy will see you soon,” he said, kissing her head and letting her go. He stood up and watched her happily play with another little girl. Once you returned from the bag room, you noticed Harry standing in the middle of the room. You walked up to him and intertwined your fingers with his. “She is just like you; a people person,” you whispered, “don’t be sad.” No,” he grumbled, “she is growing up too quickly.”

ZAYN:
“Daddy no,” Kaiden whimpered and pulled on his father’s jeans. Zayn frowned, looking from you to his little son. He knelt down beside Kaiden and gently wiped the tears off his rosy cheeks. “Hey Kade, it’s ok. No need to be scared,” he whispered with a soft smile. Kaiden sniffed and looked around the room, his bottom lip starting to tremble. Zayn felt terrible and didn’t want to leave him if he didn’t want to be here. Then he got an idea. “Look buddy, they have crayons. Want to draw with daddy?” Kaiden nodded shyly and quickly took his father’s hand as Zayn stood up and walked towards the small table. As they drew, Kaiden begun to relax. He giggled at his father’s drawing and added little things to it. Moments later, a few children joined them at the table, but Kaiden didn’t notice. “Dino-saw,” a little boy squealed, pointing to Kaiden’s paper. “My daddy drew it. Draw again daddy,” Kaiden giggled, smiling happily. Zayn nodded but before he continued he looked up and saw you watching him. He knew that look on your face and chuckled to himself. ‘I can’t just leave him,’ he mouthed, ‘5 more minutes.’ You rolled your eyes playfully and leaned against the wall; you had a feeling it would more than five minutes.

All writing/ideas is our original work. lipstickstaiin©