Toddler wants a sibling

Note: this preference does not come straight after the pervious one. This idea has been requested lots and we felt like writing it. The toddlers are various ages - Amelia = 2 years old, Noah = 3 years old, Cora and Declan = 4 years old, Spencer = 3 and a half and Kaiden = almost 3 years old.

LIAM:

"Hello, Y/N, Emmy?" Liam called out as he arrived home. "Hi Li," you kissed him, "have a good day?" "Daddy," Amelia squealed, running on her little legs towards him. Liam knelt down and opened his arms, "hi baby." The two year old stopped and frowned at her father. "Emmy no baby," she whined, "big girl." Liam chuckled and nodded. "Sorry sweet pea. Can Daddy have a cuddle?" he asked. She shook her head and quickly ran away. Liam looked up at you and you shrugged, before going to finish dinner. Moments later, Amelia returned holding her baby doll. "Baby cuddle," she lisped, giving him her doll. Liam smiled and cuddled it. "No daddy. This this," she said, moving the doll in his arms. "I remember holding you as a baby," he chuckled. "Emmy no baby," she pouted, then her brown eyes lit up. "Baby. Baby now," she said. "What darling?" he asked confused. "Want baby," she confirmed. Liam looked at the baby doll, then at his daughter. "You want a baby?" he repeated. She nodded happily, little pigtails bouncing, "I’ll have to talk to mummy."

LOUIS:

"Bye bye," Noah waved. You bounced the 3 year old on your hip and watched Louis help his mum with the twins. You returned inside and put Noah down. He sighed cutely and looked up at you; big sad blue eyes and pouted. "Baby?" he whispered, "no baby." You nodded and ruffled his hair as you walked into the living room. "Baby Doris and Baby Ernie have gone home," you explained. Noah followed you and shook his head. "Noah want to play. Play Ernie" he lisped, "want baby." You bit your lip and hoped he wasn’t going to throw a tantrum. "Noah, you can play with mummy," you encouraged but he shook his head again, "daddy?" "No no," he stood in front of you, "baby play." "Darling, mummy and daddy don’t have a baby," you said. Noah dropped himself to the floor and sighed. "Daddy want baby," he blurted out, making you freeze, "Noah want baby." As you watched the little boy; a mini version of your husband, you smiled as you thought of adding to your family. "Guess mummy will have to talk to daddy then," you replied.

NIALL:

"Who is that baby?" Niall cooed. He looked from at the photo album on his lap, up to his 4 year old twins sitting beside him on the couch. Cora pointed at the photo and shrugged, as Declan leaned in to get a closer look. "That’s Cora," Niall replied, "Daddy having a cuddle with baby Cora." Cora squealed excited. Declan frowned and turned the page, his little blue eyes getting sad. "Hey buddy, look at this baby," Niall explained softly, "is it Declan?" The little boy giggled and nodded, smiling at the photos. "More baby?" Cora lisped, looking up at her father. "Baby photos are all here," he explained not knowing what she meant. "No," she said, shaking her head. "No Cor baby. No Dec baby," Declan added. "New baby?" Cora finished. "Baby cuddles," Declan giggled. "Baby baby baby," Cora sung cheekily. Niall froze; you both had your hands full with two 4 year olds; how would another Horan baby go? He was happy with his perfect little family; he loved him more than anything. As he thought about it, he didn’t notice the twins sliding off the couch and returning to their toys. "Another baby," he whispered to himself.

HARRY:

"Did you have fun playing with Cora and Dec?" Harry asked, looking in the rear view mirror before driving out from Niall’s house. Spencer didn’t reply; she pulled on her boots, wanting them off her feet. "Spence? Fun today?" you looked over your shoulder, "did you play dolls? Did Uncle Niall cook a yummy lunch?" She nodded and slowly looked up at you. "Mummy, Daddy," she paused, her 3 and a half year old voice cute, "Cora has brother. Why Spence no brother?" You quickly looked at Harry, speechless and eyes wide. Harry swallowed thickly and tightened his grip on the steering wheel, trying to focus on driving. "Mummy and Daddy have Spencer," he explained. You kept your eyes on Harry knowing his baby fever was kicking. Whenever he saw a baby or a pregnant women, he had ‘baby eyes’. "No," she whined, wiggling in her car getting frustrated, "Spence want brother too. Why no brother?" "Angel," Harry paused, a smile growing on his lips, "maybe one day. Maybe one day you can have one."

ZAYN:

"What colour is the car Kaiden?" you asked the nearly 3 year old. Kaiden giggled and ran the toy car along the carpet. "Ello," he replied, looking up at you with big hazel eyes. You nodded and sat down on Kaiden’s bed, folding the baby clothes he had grown out of. As you picked up the patterned baby blanket, Kaiden quickly stood up and stepped towards you. "For baby," he asked. "That’s right Kade. It is a baby blanket," you explained, "but no baby here anymore, you’re a big boy." You gently brushed his dark hair away from his face and smiled. He climbed onto the bed and took the blanket from you. "Mummy?" he paused shyly, "baby? Baby for Kade?" You froze and looked at your young son; was he really asking for a sibling? "Baby mummy," he repeated, climbing onto your lap. You kissed his forehead and held him close, in shock. Suddenly you heard something and looked up to see your husband leaning against the doorway. Zayn crossed his arms over his chest and smiled; his hazel eyes full of surprise but happiness.