#05 Dinner Time

A/N: The toddlers are starting to feed themselves and eat more solid foods.

LIAM: 

Amelia picked up a piece of fish and brought it to her mouth. "Good girl Emmy," you said proudly, "do you like Daddy's cooking?" you cooed. "Dada, ish," she giggled and ate another piece. "I told you she would like my mum's recipe," he said, taking a drink of his water. Amelia put her fingers back into the bowl and picked up a little potato, but tipped it over, spilling her dinner all over her highchair tray. You and Liam didn't hear her and talked to each other. She gasped and reached out for the potato, but her cubby little fingers pushed it away. She whined as she couldn't pick it up, but then smiled as it become fun. She giggled and pushed the food around, making it wet and sticky. "Ish ish," she squealed. Liam heard her and turned around. "Sweet pea," Liam said shocked. He stood up and stepped towards her. You looked up and smiled. "Li, she is just learning to feed herself," you explained. "I know baby," he whispered and smiled at his daughter. Amelia lifted her arms up to him. Without thinking he picked her up. "Come eat some more dinner with Mummy and Daddy," he said and sat back down at the table with you. He sat her on his lap and started feeding her small pieces of his dinner. "She has to learn Li," you whispered, knowing he just wanted his little girl to have a full tummy.

LOUIS: 

"Here you go Noah, mashed potato and chicken," you said, placing the small plastic bowl on the tray in front of him. You kissed his head, before sitting next to Louis at the dining table. You looked up at the 14month old sitting in his highchair next to the table and smiled as he picked up a small piece of chicken and put it into his mouth. "Thank you baby, dinner smell delicious," Louis said, eating some chicken. "Hopefully he eats it too," you replied and starting eating. Noah smiled cheekily as he put his little hand into the bowl and picked put a handful of mashed potato. "Tat-o," he giggled and looked at the soft food in his hand. As he squeezed his hand closed, the potato moved in between his fingers and some dropped onto the tray. He squealed loving the feeling of it. You and Louis heard him and quickly looked up at the little boy. You gasped, while Louis chuckled. "Noah, baby. You are supposed to eat it. Put it in your mouth," you said, pointing to your mouth. He brought his little cubby hand to his mouth and licked up some potato that was stuck to his fingers. He looked at his hand and opened it, frowning when nothing fell out. Without warning, he put it straight into the bowl again; grabbing another handful. You shook your head and looked at Louis. "Like father like son," you whispered, making him laugh.

NIALL:

"Can you give them their dinner Ni?" you asked, handing him two bowls. He nodded and walked towards the dining room. The twins smiled excitedly at seeing their father with food. "Dinner time," he laughed, putting the bowls on their highchair trays, before walking back to the kitchen to get his own. Cora knocked over her bowl and frowned, watching the peas and little cooked carrots roll around the tray. She raised her little cubby hand and suddenly brought it down; squashing the peas and carrots under her palm. She giggled in delight and looked up at her brother in his highchair beside her. Declan picked up a piece of beef and put it in his mouth. "Decc," she said in a cheeky voice. Once she knew he was watching her, she brought her hand down again, squashing more vegetables, making both of them giggle. Declan picked up his sippy cup, but instead of drinking it, he tipped it upside down, letting the water cover his food. At this point you and Niall walked into the dining room and froze. "Cora, Declan," you whispered, more angry with yourself for leaving them alone. Niall kissed your cheek, before walking up to his babies. "Little man, Corabear," he said, pulling up a chair and sitting in front of the highchairs, "us, Horans like to eat dinner, not play with it." You couldn't help but laugh at him. You walked towards them and stood beside Niall. "That's the last time we leave them alone with food," you whispered, as Niall picked up some left over beef and gave them both a piece.

HARRY:

"Spaghetti Spence, your favourite," you said, giving her a little spoon, "Mummy is going to get your sippy cup." Spencer's eyes lit up as she put the spoon into the bowl and brought some food to her mouth. You smiled proudly and ran your hand through her dark brown hair, before going back to Harry in the kitchen. As Spencer continued to feed herself, the spaghetti begun falling off the spoon onto the highchair tray. She dropped the spoon frustratedly and stared at her dinner. After a few seconds, she dug her fingers into the bowl and picked up at handful of noodles, putting them into her mouth. She repeated this action, with her other hand. She smiled and licked her lips with her little pink tongue. You walked into the dining room and gasped when at what you saw. "Oh my, Spencer," you whispered, biting your lip to stop from smiling. Spencer looked at you, her face and hands covered in sauce and little cut up noodles. "Getti," she giggled and clapped up hands together, making a bigger mess. "Haz, can you bring me a warm wash cloth please?" you called out, not taking your eyes off your daughter. "Did you enjoy that spaghetti?" you cooed, "thank god I put a bib on you before," you added under your breath. Harry walked in and chuckled, "that's what we get for giving her spaghetti."

ZAYN:

"Open up K," Zayn said, bringing the spoon to Kaiden's little mouth, but he turned his head away and pouted. "Hey Kade, why the pout? You love chicken and noodles," Zayn said, dropping the spoon into the plastic bowl. Kaiden looked at the bowl filled with noodles, small vegetables and pieces of chicken. "Um um," he said, reaching out and making grabbing hands towards the food. "Do you want some more dinner?" Zayn asked the 14 month old. You walked into the dining room and put two plates of food on the table, before looking at your favourite boys. "Me me," he whined and bounced in the highchair. "Maybe he wants to feed himself Z?" you suggested, walking up to them. Zayn slid the bowl closer to his little boy and watched him with cautious eyes. You put your hand on his shoulder as Kaiden smiled happily and put his little fingers into the bowl. He picked up a noodle and brought it up to his mouth. You smiled proudly and squeezed Zayn's shoulder. "You're a clever boy, aren't you?" he said, as Kaiden continued to feed himself. "Now, come on Z before our dinner gets cold," you said, grabbing his hand. Once you both were sitting at the table, you looked over your shoulder. "Now the three of us can at the same time; as a family," you said, smiling.