Chapter 4: The Master of the Time Machine

Luke and Flora made it back to the apartment in one piece. It seemed like they avoided trouble for now. But Targent won't stop, not until they get what they want. Luke was exhausted from all the running he did to find Flora and back to the apartment. Flora on the other hand was right as rain. She still could not get over what Don Paolo said to her. That the Professor will come back to her eventually and she wouldn't have to worry about getting hurt since Luke and Emmy were there for her.

"Flora..." began Luke, gasping for air. "We need to...find some people that...can help us."

"Well I would've asked Don Paolo but he left in a hurry to find the Professor. He said that the Professor is in America, trapped there until he solves some kind of mystery."

"Why on Earth...would anyone want to...trap him and...give him a mystery to solve? Something awfully fishy must be going on there."

Luke decided to catch his breath. But at the same time he was thinking of what the Professor might have done to get him trapped in America. Luke snapped out of it and remembered what he was originally planning to do.

"Right, like I said, we need to find some people we know that can help us. Do you have anyone we could use to help?"

"Hmm, no I don't think so."

"Then I guess we have no choice. We have to find Him."

"Who's him?"

Luke didn't respond. Instead, he looked out the window as spotted Emmy in an alley way trying to lose some Targent thugs. The thugs went straight past her and Emmy slowly emerged from the darkness and quickly ran back to the apartment. Luke heard her open the back door and run up the stairs, all out of breath as well. She burst into the apartment room.

"I lost them!"

"Great, well now you're here, we need to decide who we can find. I know someone we could use but recruiting him may be a bothersome task. And it also depends whether or not he's busy too."

"Okay then. Luke, you and Flora go and find him. I'll go and see if I can get some people of my own."

"I thought you said you didn't know anyone but Targent?"

"I don't. But, it's always worth a shot. I'll probably be gone for some time so please don't get into any trouble out there. I won't be able to help you."

"We understand."

Emmy nodded before looking out the window.

"Alright, then we must not waste any time. Look out for each other out there and try not to get spotted whilst moving around London."

"Understood. Flora, you need to make sure you stay as close as you can to me okay?"

"Okay, Luke." Flora smiled at Luke.

The trio went down to the ground floor and waited by the back entrance.

"Okay, whenever you're ready, go! We'll be splitting up so stay safe out there."

"You too Emmy." Luke responded.

"Stay safe Emmy!" Flora giggled and smiled at Emmy.

Emmy dashed out the back door and straight towards the right. Luke and Flora quickly but quietly went towards the left. Their aim was to go about 3 streets away without getting caught. Luke peeked his head around a corner to look for any guards. He saw some approaching his direction but they didn't spot him.

"These guys are everywhere." Luke whispered. "Okay, Flora follow me."

The duo quickly ran towards the opposite side of the road before anyone saw them. They then took a shortcut through an alley way to get to the next street easier. They managed to get to the next street but saw it crawling with Targent.