Chapter 10: Strength in Numbers

"Once we get back to Clive's house, we can think of our plan to stop Targent." Dimitri reassured.

"Whatever we do, it'll be easier said than done." Luke mentioned.

"Of course!" Dimitri chuckled.

Dimitri continued driving the car to London at full speed. Luckily for him, there was no other cars driving on the roads they were driving on. Except London, there's always cars there. He managed to get back to Clive's mansion in about half an hour. Normally it would've taken about an hour and 10 minutes to reach Clive's mansion from Dropstone.

"Alright, we're here. Let's head inside and discuss what we're going to do." Dimitri mumbled.

"Right!" Clive shouted.

The group headed into the mansion and made sure they were neither followed nor seen by anyone.

"Right, let's go in to the living room." Ordered Dimitri.

The group headed into the living room, throwing their bags where ever they could find space. Dimitri and Clive closed all the curtains in the room and around the house. Luke decided to help out too whilst Flora and Emmy remained in the living room, starting a conversation with each other.

"Emmy," Flora looked Emmy in the eyes. "Luke said you betrayed him before right? I never got to ask you this but...I'm kind of curious. What did you do exactly? To betray him and the Professor?"

"That's something I'm not really a fan of talking about. Even to this day, I get a lot of regret for my actions."

"Oh." Flora looked looked towards the floor with her hands on her chest. "That's okay."

"Even so, I betrayed him...in spite of my uncle Leon. You know, the guy we saw in Folsense? The one with the beard and the red eyes? Him."

"Him? What for?" Flora gasped.

"I was merely a spy for uncle Leon...against the Professor. I would stick close to him and gather as much information as I could relating to the Azran. The Azran is...it's complicated to talk about. I apologise for not getting into a lot of detail. But that's as much as I can tell you really. And the fact that I no longer work for Targent because of their plans."

"Oh." Flora walked up to Emmy who looked troubled and held both her hands. "Don't worry Emmy. I see you as a kind and loving individual. I don't care about your past. As long as you are not a threat, I wouldn't mind having you along side me."

Clive was eavesdropping the conversation from outside the living room.

"But...I tricked the Professor. And Luke. Made them really believe I was actually helping them. Yes we were friends...but that changes nothing. I stabbed them in the back. And for what? A legacy that wasn't even what we were told it was."

A tear dripped down Emmy's face.

"Don't cry. Please. You've already apologised to them. I'm sure they forgave you."

"The Professor did...but when me and Luke first met again...before...he still thought I would betray him. Even though I apologised to him."

"No. That's not it! Luke is a gentleman, yes. But the only reason he found you suspicious, was because you never apologised to his face all those years ago. He still thought of you as a friend, but he also didn't want to speak to you. Emmy, he trusts you now. With all his heart. And I do too!"

"Really?" Emmy wiped away the loose tears. "I guess I'll have to honour that trust then. And help you stop Targent."

"Yes that's it!"

Dimitri walked downstairs and bumped into Clive.

"What on Earth are you doing standing out here?" Dimitri noticed Flora and Emmy still talking to each other, holding each other's hands. "Are you eavesdropping on them?" Dimitri whispered.