Chapter 7: Shadows Surrounding Herzen Castle

Luke, Flora, Dimitri and Clive managed to make it towards the forest when they saw a hooded figure in front of them approaching them stealthily. This person did not have a top hat on and had just have a cape and hood. Luke saw this person but managed to recognise who it was almost instantly from the hair that was dripping down.

"Emmy? What are you doing here? I thought you were in London finding people we could use. When did you even get here?"

Emmy revealed herself to Luke and the others by taking off her cape and hood.

"I couldn't find who I was looking for. But I also can't tell you who I was looking for. As of how I got here, I managed to track which direction you and Flora went so when I was done, I went the same way but from the rooftops. I saw the giant house and thought, that's where you must've went to find your people. I knocked on the door but no one answered. So, and please forgive me Mr. Clive..." She turned to Clive before looking back at Luke. "...I broke in from an upstairs window so that Targent couldn't follow me in. I ran downstairs and saw the plans on the board that were set up. You were heading to Folsense onboard the Molentary Express so I decided to catch it and follow you. But I couldn't make myself know to you yet as I was also trying to spy on someone who also caught the train. That's why I donned the disguise so they couldn't recognise me. But it seemed, I managed to alert you too which supposedly scared him off."

"Oh so that's what the feeling was back on the train when I felt like someone was watching me from the shadows."

"Yes it was me."

"Are we not going to talk about the fact that she broke into my house?"

"She said she apologised Clive. Come on, you're rich anyway, it'll be an easy fix." bragged Dimitri.

"But still." Clive sighed.

"Who were you following Emmy?" Luke asked.

"Do you remember Bronev? My uncle? I was following him. He got on the train with you but he confined himself within his room which was next to yours."

"What? Really?"

"Yes. He's here now in Folsense but I am unsure what his motives are here. That's what I intend to find out. And....to also assist you."

"Oh, so that's who Sammy meant by someone else heading here but didn't want to speak." Luke mentioned.

"With Emmy helping us, we should be able to stop Targent now. I heard she's good at Martial Arts, you're good at Karate, Luke. Which you learnt whilst in America. And Flora and Clive know some Martial Arts too."

"Yeah, but Flora refuses to fight anyone. She's just like that, a pacifist. She never wants to fight but rather end all the conflict that happens."

Flora was unsure whether to smile or be upset.

"Don't worry Flora, you may not want to fight, but we'll do it for you." Luke, Clive, Dimitri and Emmy posed in a line next to each other. Luke had his thumb up towards Flora, Dimitri was throwing a metal device up in the air countless times, Emmy had her arms crossed and Clive stood to the side looking towards Flora. "I know you seek a more peaceful world but in all honesty, I don't think that will ever happen any time soon."

"No it will happen! And I know it!"

Dimitri started chuckling before he stopped throwing his metal device and stood straight up.

"Alright. Then let's head towards that Castle."

The five of them approached the Castle only to notice the rickety bridge no longer exists. There is no bridge allowing them to cross but rather has been cut down as Luke could see it dangling down into the crater below which no longer had the gas in it.