Chapter 5: Next Stop: Dropstone!

The four of them arrived at the Molentary Express Train Station and bought some tickets to Folsense.

"You want to go back to that cursed town?" The conductor asked.

"Sammy! How have you been? Yes, we'd like to go back there on an investigation."

"I see the Professor's not here. Who are these people then? Friends of yours?"

Luke turned to Flora, Clive and Dimitri, who were all holding their luggage. Dimitri had four suitcases, Clive had two, and Flora only had the one. Luke on the other hand also had one.

"You could say that." Luke pointed at Clive. "This here is Clive, a man who intends to right some wrongs."

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Clive tipped his hat.

"Clive eh? Why do I feel like I know you from somewhere?"

Clive swallowed hard. If Sammy found out about Clive's actions 10 years ago, he might not let him on the train. Luke pointed to Dimitri next.

"And this here is Dimitri. A well known scientist in London."

"Yes, hello there...Sammy was it?"

"Yeah it was Sammy! Alright, now you four head on in and find a room in the VIP carriage. The train will be departing soon."

"The VIP carriage?" Flora looked excited. Flora herself never went into the VIP carriage after what happened in Dropstone. She could not stop herself to run in. "Yay!!!"

Flora immediately ran inside the train and towards the VIP carriage. Luke chased after her whilst Clive and Dimitri slowly followed behind.

"Flora, wait!" Luke tried to catch up with her.

Flora opened the door to an empty but luxurious room.

"Wow! It looks so pretty in here." Flora put her bag on the edge on the couch and immediately jumped to lay down on the couch. "I could sleep here forever!"

"Please Flora, try not to get carried away."

"My my, just look at this cart. It's no wonder the Molentary Express is nicknamed 'a cruise ship on rails.' This place is luxurious!" Dimitri lavishly got carried away by the beauty in the carriage.

"Yes, I can see why. This place is absolutely amazing."

"You too Clive?"

"I do apologise Luke, but Dimitri and I have never been on a train as gorgeous as this. It's absolutely stunning!" Clive had his arms out and was inhaling like he was smelling a perfume whilst spinning around.

Clive put his luggage on the couch next to Flora's bag and Dimitri put most of his on the floor with the exception of one bag which he dumped on the couch where Clive's was but on the opposite side. Luke immediately layed his bag down on the couch too.

"So, how long do you think it will take is to get to Folsense, Luke?" Dimitri wondered.

"If I were to guess, probably a couple of hours."

"Marvelous! I guess I have some time to work on an experiment of mine with Clive."

"We might be making a pitstop at a village called Dropstone first. Lovely place that is."

Flora all of a sudden shivered for a few seconds. The thought of being in that place again after being locked in the barn with the cows, it upset her to remember. Luke saw this and remembered what had happened. He approached Dimitri and Clive and whispered to them.

"Oh, but don't mention Dropstone too loudly in front of Flora. Last time we went there she practically got kidnapped and locked in a barn."

"Deary me! By who?" Clive asked.