Chapter 12: Autonomous Assault

"I apologise for the late arrival everyone, but I had some other important manners to attend to." Layton stated.

Don Paolo and someone else also walked in from behind Luke and everyone and stood next to Layton. Clive recognised the other person to be the same person from inside the Casino who had helped him take out the man who attacked Flora. The man smirked at Cyrus before taking off his jacket and what looked to be a wig. He put his actual hat and cloak on and revealed himself to be none other than Jean Descole, Layton's older brother. Don Paolo and Descole both smirked at Cyrus.

"Well, Cyrus. I believe this is it." Layton said.

"These Targent men, thinking they're all the good guys here." Descole muttered angrily. "I'll stop you all here myself if I need to!"

Don Paolo didn't say anything but rather started to laugh.

Cyrus hissed at Layton and the other two.

"Come at me then!" Cyrus teased as he put his guard back up.

Descole charged for Cyrus with his bare hands. He had a scabbard with no sword inside. Luke realised that Descole had given his sword to the Professor. Luke was suspicious of Descole still.

"You'd be foolish to attack me with no weapon!" Cyrus warned Descole.

"I don't need a weapon against a puny organisation such as yourselves! I CAN TAKE YOU ON WITH JUST MY BARE HANDS!!!"

Cyrus tried to slash Descole but Descole dodged it and flanked him from the side. Descole punched Cyrus in the face before Cyrus dropped his sword and attempted to fight Descole back. Don Paolo decided to join in the fight against Cyrus whilst Layton ran to Luke and the others.

"Flora!" He crouched down to check on Flora. "Hey everyone. I apologise for my disappearance for 5 years. I'll tell you more about that later." Layton lifted up Flora's dress so the wound was visible. He studied it carefully whilst Luke was still applying pressure on it. "Of course!" Layton instantly spotted something useful about the wound - the bullet had gone straight through, for a small caliber weapon. Meaning, it was an easy treatment. Layton grabbed a clean cloth from his pocket that he got from Descole in America and used it as a bandage. He tied it around Flora's injured leg and applied tight pressure on it from both sides so that it would help her to heal.

Flora started to regain her consciousness slowly. She noticed the Professor.

"Pro-Professor?"

Layton looked her in the eyes, her eyes watering.

"It's me Flora. You don't need to worry any more. I am here for you." He stroked Flora's face with his hand before she got up and hugged him hard. She did not want to let go.

"Easy Flora! You're still healing!" Luke cried.

"No, no. It's quite alright. She hasn't seen me for so long that she was worried. I would be too in all honesty."

Flora begun to cry once again.

"I'm so happy to see you! You really did come back! Like Don Paolo promised!"

Layton hugged Flora back.

"Yes. I know you missed me a lot. But I couldn't come and see you as I was trapped in America. I'll tell you later."

Layton stopped hugging Flora before he got up and tried to walk over to the fight between Descole, Don Paolo and Cyrus before she stood up and grabbed his coat.

"Please...don't leave me again!"

Layton looked back at her and smiled.

"Don't worry Flora. I won't be leaving London without telling you first from now on. Though, I may not be around to help you for any longer."