II .. welcome (back) to the valley!

────── {⋆⌘⋆} ──────

IT WAS 9am, on the dot, as stevie walked out of the elevator and into the offices. she let out a soft yawn and she took a sip from her coffee she picked up from starbucks. she placed her stuff on her desk, then went to knock on chrissy's door.

"yeah?" chrissy said as she opened up a folder. "it's open."

"morning, aunt chris." stevie smiled as she walked into chrissy's office. "here, i thought you could use the caffeine."

"thanks hon." chrissy smiled as she grabbed the coffee cup.

"so, what're you up to?" stevie smiled as she took a seat in front of chrissy's desk, looking at her pictures. "i forgot to tell you that i spoke to the photographer about having those pictures for the magazine spread ready and they should be ready by this afternoon."

"ahh perfect. i didn't have to go up and bitch at him. thank you for that." chrissy chuckled as she opened up her laptop.

"and this is why i'm your favorite?" stevie laughed as she drank her coffee.

"you are so your father's daughter." chrissy laughed. "you've really got that lawrence attitude."

stevie felt her phone vibrate in her purse as she rummaged her purse to find her phone. she grabbed her phone and saw that she had an incoming call :

INCOMING CALL
pops ❤️

"i gotta take this call, chris." stevie chuckled as she walked out of chrissy's office.

"let me guess, johnny?" chrissy chuckled.

"who else." stevie laughed as she walked out of the office to answer the phone. "see you later auntie!"

"love you hon!" chrissy called out as stevie walked out. "say hi to your father for me."

"love you too!"

bella zipped up her last suitcase and let out a sigh as she sat back on her sofa, resting after she finished packing. she looked around her apartment once more as she tried to remember if she had packed everything she needed.

she stood up from the sofa and walked around her apartment, grabbing her carry on and her suitcase. she grabbed her phone from her back pocket to call lillian. although bella didn't meet the deadline, she still decided to head to california, as a long and well-deserved break.

"what's up? leaving already?" lillian answered.

"yeah, i'm walking out of the apartment as we speak." bella sighed as she closed the door.

"bella, take a deep breath, okay?" lillian said as she poured herself a cup of coffee. "remember what we talked about."

"yeah, i know." bella said as she made it to the elevator. "i'm just nervous, you know?"

"look, don't think about it too much. you finally get to see your mom and daughter. i'm sure they'll be excited to see you." lillian said as she placed her phone on her table, placing the call on speakerphone. "and i know you missed home."

"part of me does miss the valley." bella said, running a hand through her hair. "it'll be nice to smell the smog again."

"there's the attitude!" lillian chuckled. "don't forget to have lots of fun and call me when you're in california! love you and don't worry, i'll take care of things back here."