XXIV.. date night (pt. ii)!

⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰

"LOOK at you!" lisa smiled as she turned to find bella adjusting her dress. "and where are you going all dressed up?"

"well, i'm going on a date tonight." bella said as she walked into the living room, where her mother was sitting.

"who's the lucky guy?" lisa said, sipping on her glass of iced tea.

"johnny." bella said.

"oohh, now i see why you're all dressed up. where's he taking you?" lisa smiled.

"he's taking me out to dinner. is this dress too much, ma?" bella said. "does it look okay?"

"honey, you look beautiful." lisa smiled as she stood up. "don't worry too much, it's gonna be okay. i thought you two were dating already."

"no. we're just friends." bella said as she paced around the living room.

"isabella, you should look at yourself whenever someone mentions his name or whenever you talk about him." lisa smiled. "your face lights up as well as your smile. just like when you were a kid."

"except, we're not kids anymore and he's not my boyfriend." bella said, looking at her reflection in the mirror. "it's complicated, that's why we're sticking to being friends."

"so, the question is, do you wanna go back to being more than friends?" lisa said. "because it's written all over your face."

bella sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, straightening out her dress. "i better finish getting ready before my date." she said. "i'll be back."

as bella walked to the bathroom, lisa sat down on the sofa once again, grabbing a magazine from her coffee table. while she flipped through the pages of the magazine, she heard the doorbell ring. lisa walked over to the door to answer it and found johnny outside.

"hi johnny, long time." lisa smiled as she invited the blonde inside the north hollywood home.

"hey lisa, it's good to see you again." johnny smiled. "is bella ready yet?"

"she's in the bathroom, she'll be out in a sec." lisa said. "have a seat. can i get you anything?"

"i'm good, thanks lisa." johnny shyly smiled as he looked around the living room. "it's been a while, huh?"

"it has been." lisa said. "so, bella told me all about the dojo, how's it going?"

"she did, huh?" johnny chuckled. "it's great. they're good kids, hardworking."

"that's good, it's good that you got into something you love." lisa smiled.

"so how've you been, lisa?" johnny said.

"aging." lisa chuckled. "i'm doing good though, keeping busy as always. everything's a bit easier with bella around."

"yeah, i know how you feel." johnny said.

lisa smiled as she looked at johnny, who's face seemed to light up at the thought of bella. "and here i thought i was the only one happy about bella being home." she said. "how's it going with you two, if you don't mind me asking?"