XXXV .. a night to remember!

⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰

THE main ballroom was now full, with people dancing and walking around the room, greeting each other all with drinks in their hands. while her parents sat a few tables down, stevie, accompanied by her friends, sat around the table, drinking and gossiping.

while stevie listened to daisy's anecdote about work, alex took a seat next to stevie, handing her the glass of rum and cherry coke that she had asked him for.

"how're you feeling?" alex said, wrapping an arm around stevie.

"pretty good, kinda didn't expect my parents to be here, but it's cool." stevie softly chuckled, before taking a sip of her drink.

"i have never seen your parents together! they're so cute." daisy said. "i can finally see where you get your looks from, you've been blessed with good genes on both sides."

"it's like a west valley reunion in here." ash said, sipping on her champagne. "well, except for mom."

"you wanna go dance?" alex said, intertwining his hand with stevie's.

"i'd love to." stevie smiled, getting up from her seat as alex led her to the dance floor.

the couple took their place on the dance floor as alex wrapped his arms around stevie, pulling her closer to him. stevie wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling as they made eye contact.

"so, your folks look happy." alex said. "i've never seen them in the same room together."

"it's crazy." stevie said. "especially getting to meet mom's best friend ali, who also happened to be dad's ex-girlfriend."

"oh shit, that's the ali?" alex said. "wow, two exes in the same room."

"yeah." stevie said, with a chuckle. "i can't believe it either, talk about a blast from the past."

"you're telling me." alex said, laughing.

"it's weird being back here." stevie said, softly giggling.

"yeah, i know." alex said. "i normally skip these parties and go have some drinks with friends, but i wanted tonight to be special."

"how sweet of you." stevie smiled as she pressed her forehead against his. "i do remember this one time i came with you to a benefit. we snuck off and went up to the hills to drink."

"oh i remember that." alex laughed. "we were so hungover the morning after."

"oh, very hungover." stevie laughed. "but i had fun and i'm having fun right now."

"i'm glad, because the night's still young." alex said, as he spun stevie around, as the blonde girl laughed. "we could sneak out and go to the hills again."

"sounds like a plan." stevie said. "but let's enjoy this for a little while longer."

"i'd like that."

"wait, how the hell was he dressed like a shower? what does that even look like?" amanda said, as she laughed while listening to ali's story about daniel and johnny's rivalry.