XIV .. ladies' night!

────── {⋆⌘⋆} ──────

flashback!
june 1985; los angeles, ca

"c'mon, slow poke!" bella called out as she finished putting her skates on, ready to step onto the roller rink, as the dj played madonna's into the groove. "you know i love this song."

"hold up! my feet are still tired from standing at the front desk all day." chrissy sighed as she slowly stood up and joined bella on the rink.

after work, chrissy invited bella and the girls to the roller rink. since the guys were having a guy's night out, chrissy figured the girls could have a ladies night, where they could de-stress by hitting the roller rink. as the music played, bella and chrissy skated through the floor, while the other girls grabbed some drinks and a pizza.

"we should do this more often." chrissy smiled. "anytime you come down from new york, we're hitting the roller rink."

"chris, we're here now, chill out." bella chuckled as she continued to skate alongside chrissy. "but it would be good to have a ladies night every now and then."

"yeah, since you spend all your time with johnny. it's so nice to have some quiet time without the rowdy boys." chrissy laughed.

"you're right. they are kinda rowdy." bella laughed.

"so it's settled. we're having a girls night every month: no guys, just the girls." chrissy said.

"every month?" bella said. "but what if we don't come down every month?"

"we'll go to you!" chrissy smiled. "we'll all head to new york and go out. c'mon, a night out with the girls in new york? nothing can beat that. besides, blondie is perfectly capable of spending the night on his own."

"you're right." bella said. "you have yourself a deal, thompson."

"alright, you're on!" chrissy smiled as she and bella continued to skate. "to girls' night!"

"to girls' night!"

IT had been a while since bella had a night out with her girls. her work habits and schedule did not allow her to enjoy herself, but now that she has a chance, she decided to join chrissy and the ladies for some drinks.

the brunette straightened out her black skirt as she walked into the bar. she walked over to the bar and ordered her drink as she looked for chrissy. as the bartender handed her a glass of rum and cherry coke, chrissy waved to bella as she then walked over to the table.

"there she is! it's nice to see you out of that apartment, finally." jenna smiled as she embraced bella.

"it's nice to be out, period." bella chuckled as she greeted chrissy and lillian. "ah, i really missed this."

"just like the good ol' days right?" chrissy smiled as she sipped on her martini. "you ready to go back to work?"

"nope. this is gonna be the first time i've ever said this but, i'm dreading heading back to work." bella sighed as she sipped on her drink. "i know i have a meeting in like a week, and i'm not ready. i think i enjoyed this two months break a little too much."