XXIX .. one step at a time!

flashback!
september 1988; new york, new york

isabella sighed as she began erasing a piece of her sketch that she was working on. while she was sketching a design, johnny sat beside her, watching remote control while drinking a beer. he would occasionally look over, smiling as he watched bella draw little fashion sketches in her notebook.

"you've erased the same line like five times already." johnny said, chuckling before taking a swig of his beer.

"it wasn't five times, it's been four times." bella laughed as she continued sketching.

"what are you working on anyway?" johnny said, turning the volume on the television down, as mtv went to a commercial break.

"just another random little sketch. i kinda got bored in class, so i just started drawing." bella said, grabbing the cherry coke from the table and taking a sip.

"that's new." johnny chuckled. "you're not one to space out during class."

"i was kinda getting a headache, so i took a break from writing notes and just decided to sketch instead." bella said, not taking her eyes off the notebook. "besides, jenna's got all the notes."

as bella continued her sketch, johnny looked at her, admiring her as she bit her lip in concentration. bella chuckled as she noticed her boyfriend staring.

"stop staring, you're gonna distract me." bella giggled, trying not to turn to the side.

"y' know you look so cute when you're all focused." johnny smiled.

"whatever." bella laughed, placing her journal down and walked over to the kitchen to grab popcorn.

while bella was in the kitchen, johnny grabbed her journal, admiring her sketches. the thing about bella's little sketches was that she never finished them. as johnny flipped through the pages of her journal, he smiled as he looked at the only sketch that was actually complete.

"hey, that's invasión of privacy, y'know." bella laughed.

"you're so talented, babe." johnny smiled as he walked over to bella, wrapping her arms around her waist.

"you think so?" bella smiled.

"yeah, i know so." johnny said. "you're gonna be the best fashion designer-person ever."

"baby steps, babe." bella chuckled, pecking his cheek. "but thank you."

⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰

"well, look who decided to join us for breakfast." chrissy said, turning to find bella walking into her apartment, tossing her purse on the sofa. "i'm glad your morning jog worked up your appetite."

"i'm just glad to see you out of your apartment." lillian said, pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

"i was gonna drive myself crazy." bella sighed as she took a seat next to jenna and across from lillian. "so, to release some tension, i went over to the beach and just started running, then i realized how much i missed my morning runs at the beach. i hadn't done that in a long time."