𝐨𝐧𝐞

"This is such bullshit papa! I am a twenty-five year old woman who has every right to make her own life decisions!" I couldn't believe I was having this same argument that I've been having for the past two years with him

"You're 100% right about everything you said, but you don't see it the way I do." He started off. "I did everything I could for years to make sure you had a spot at the company! But you just threw it all away for a job that exploits your body to men!" He added.

"First of all, who said only men come?" I asked trying to be funny, but I don't think he found it humorous. "Look I'm sorry, but papa you're acting as if this isn't your fault!" I stated, causing his jaw to drop.

"Excuse me?"

"Papa you brought me a luxurious apartment that you told me I didn't have to pay for. But that went away after I told you that I wasn't going to come work for you. Then you made me pay for it all by myself! I only make fifteen dollars an hour as an intern FBI agent and the rent is triple what I make! Hell, at least being on that pole helps me pay for all that in one night!"

"You sound like such a disgrace being proud of acting like a whore for money." His words stung like hell every time he told me something like that, but I knew I couldn't show that it bothered me.

"I'm so sorry that I ruined your whole life plan, but you have no right to call me something that I'm not! I'm sorry that I actually wanna work for my own money instead of letting daddy pass it all to me."

"Is that all you think of me? Just a man who's dad gave him money and didn't work for not a lick of it?!" I threw my hands up in disbelief. I couldn't believe he was actually trying to play victim with me right now.

"I'll have you know that your grandpa and I started out wi--"

"Don't even give me that sad sob story bullshit! You think just because you came from nothing, I'm supposed to just what? Look up to you and follow in your footsteps?! I've said it once and I'll say it again! I am a grown ass woman who can made whatever fucking decision she wants and if my decision is to be a pole dancer and FBI agent? Then so be it!"

An angry silence filled up the room as my father began to look me up and down, disgusted by my presence. "Your mother didn't raise you this way and I know I damn sure didn't neither." He broke the silence.

I couldn't help to laugh at him trying to make it seem as if my mom was some saint. "Mama is a drug addict who screwed up my life. So you're right she didn't raise me to be this way because she didn't raise me at all."

"Your mother did her b-"

"I could have sworn the conversation was about me, not mama! You will do any and everything to defend her, but you can't! What she did to me cannot and will never be justified!" I said, pointing my finger in his face.

"Get your finger out of my face."

"Or what?" I asked.

"You better realize I don't care how old you are, I'll still bash your head into a fucking wall for talking to me like I'm your kid!" He snapped at me.