𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

I ran over to the front desk of the hospital, seeing an older lady sitting there

I ran over to the front desk of the hospital, seeing an older lady sitting there. "I'm here for Rowan Miller." I said, hearing my voice crack. "Her family is on the third floor." She replied and I didn't hesitate to run over to the nearest elevator. I watched Jane and Kai step inside, completely forgetting they were even here. 

"Come on damn it!" I repeatedly pressed the elevator button. "Inari." Kai said, grabbing onto my  wrist. "Look at me." I turned my body to Kai, looking up at his worrisome face. "I know this hard, but you have to calm down." Kai said, but I couldn't calm down. I haven't spoken to Rowan in almost three weeks and this happened! My best friend was fucking shot. This was a nightmare. 

I watched the elevator door open and I stepped out, seeing Rowan's mom and dad, Anika and Rafael standing in the middle of the hospital comforting each other.  Their eyes shot over to me and I lost it. "Mama Nika, Papa Raf." I whispered, running into their arms. I broke down, letting them hold me. 

"I know sweetheart, I know." Mrs. Nika said, squeezing me a bit tighter. I pulled away, shaking my head in disbelief that any of this was happening. "What even happened?" I asked confusedly. "Um I-" The double doors opened, causing Mrs. Nika to stop talking. I looked over to see Iris standing there with wet hair, holding a bag with clothing that was stained red. 

"Oh my god." I whispered, realizing the red stains were Rowan's blood. I walked over to Iris, pulling her into me. Her legs gave out and she lost her balance, but I held her up never letting go. "Iris it's okay, it's okay." I said, trying to calm her down. 

"Inari we were just out on what was the best date ever. It wasn't supposed to end like this!" Iris sobbed. "I know Iris, but we have to be positive okay? I am so sorry you had to see that happen to her, I can't imagine where your head is." I expressed, knowing Iris was going to be traumatized for a while. 

"You're the girl that was in the car with her?" I heard Mr. Rafael ask behind us. Iris stood up straight, staring at Rowan's parents blankly. I could tell she was scared to meet them. I pulled her over and they stared at her for a moment. 

"Iris this is Rowan's parents, Mr & Mrs. Anika and Rafael Miller. Millers this is Iris, the paramedic Rowan has a massive crush on." I tried to brighten the mood. They all gave each other a smile before shaking hands. "Rowan has told us so many things. It's nice to meet you, and I apologize that it is under these circumstances." Rowan's mom apologized to Iris. 

"It's nice to meet you guys too." Iris frowned. 

"Inari!" I heard someone yell and I turned to see my dad running towards me. "Dad." I ran over, wrapping my arms around him. "I came as soon as I heard. Has there been an update?" Dad pulled away from me before he walked over to Rowan's parents, giving them both a hug. 

"We've been waiting for an hour and we still haven't gotten anything." Mr. Rafael replied. "Fuck I can't believe this!" I watched my dad pace back and forth. Rowan and I's parents always treated each other's children as if they were their own. It's almost like we're just one big happy family.