9.◑Buried Secrets◐

Illumi's pov:

It was quite a tiresome day. Not because of the training, but because of how handful y/n is. She is too clumsy for her own good. But it's cute how she always have so much pride, even after what she have been through. Something about her is worth noticing. At first I thought Kill must've had a little crush on some girl. But she is kinda amazing. But that makes me wonder, does she know the true story of her father?. After coming back from Zevil Island I investigated and as I suspected, Aki is not her biological brother, his father took y/n in and died after a year that is true, but not in hunter exam, he was a part of a gang and died at a fight between rivals. So naturally I had to investigate who her biological parents were. And I did. At the dinner table I managed to stop mom from asking it to y/n. Cause I'm pretty sure mom would definitely find y/n's story suspicious and that would bother her to the point of investigating. And I cannot let that happen. If she finds out that y/n is his daughter then it would be chaos; or maybe not. But I can't take that risk. I closed my eyes as I recall that fateful day.

Flashback

Third person's pov:

It was nearly midnight. A 10 year old Illumi opened the door to his father's room.

"What time should we leave, father?" he asked.

His father was gloomy. He was reading a file with a great amount of concentration. After a while he let the file down on the table in front of him, beside the whiskey glass. "We will leave after an hour" he said as Illumi nodded and went outside.

"Why did you have to do that to me, Sebastian? All was going to be good. Why did you have to betray me?. Maybe it is my fault to begin with, I shouldn't have put so much faith on you. I have paid the price, now you will too".

He went out as he saw Illumi standing at the gate. He looked at his son and said "See what happens today and learn. And remember one thing, don't trust anyone. There is nothing like "Friend" in this world. In time, either they will betray you or you will. That's why you don't need friends".

Illumi nodded. When they reached at their destination they saw hundreds of dead bodies lying on the floor. He recognized they were their men. And there stood the man, covered in blood as he was carrying a sword. Blood was dripping from it. The man looked at them as his eyes bored insanity. "It's been a while, hasn't it Silva?.

Silva glared at him but his eyes didn't bore the usual excitement or thrill when he goes for his targets. Instead, he looked... sad, betrayed. "Did you have to go such extent for her? Is she worth losing everything you have been working your whole life for?". Though he did ask him a question, his eyes were saying that he already knew the answer and didn't want to hear it.

The man looked Silva in the eye as he uttered his next words "yes, she is worth all the pain. She is worth all of it, she is worth dying for".

Silva stayed quiet for a moment. Then he activated his nen as he said "Well then Sebastian, looks like this is it".

The sun was starting to rise as Silva and Illumi were walking. Illimu glanced at his father. He wanted to see what expression he was making. He just killed his childhood friend. He saw Silva and Sebastian ever since he was born. They were trained together to be assassins by Zeno zoldyck himself. But it all came to downfall when Sebastian fell in love with a girl of their rival family, named Liya. And after 5 years of his disappearance Sebastian finally came out when Silva recently found out about Liya and her newborn child. Sebastian did everything he could to save her, but he was one alone man after all. Silva succeed killing Liya but couldn't find the child. She gave up her life for that child as she swore not to tell Silva about that child's whereabouts. But when Sebastian found out he swore to destroy the whole zoldyck family.