Chapter 6 Let the Interrogation Begin

Sang

I fidget nervously on the edge of the cushion.

Owen makes me feel self-conscious and unsure. I don't think any of them are that much older than me, maybe at the most four or five years, but I feel like a little girl about to be scolded.

“Okay,” I say.

“You're seventeen?”

“Yes....I'll be eighteen in a month.”

“You live alone across the street?”

“Yes.”

“Will any family, friends or boyfriend come to help you?”

I shake my head, blushing. How humiliating.

“Do you have any medical conditions we should be aware of?”

I'm surprised by the personal question. “No.” Why is he asking that? And why am I answering? It's because of how commanding he is...

He puts his hands on his slim hips and watches me. Something tells me I'm being tested and I don't look away.

He narrows his steely eyes and sighs. “Sang, we are a group of friends that also work together for a specialized organization. We've been trained to survive a variety of situations, including those similar to what's happening.” He gestures out the now dark window. “We have the food and supplies to wait this out for a few days. If the situation remains the same though, we are to go to a designated shelter.”

I nod as if I'm following along. What organization do they work for? Is it like the CIA or something?