Chapter 10 Get Some Sleep Sweet Cheeks

Sang

I'm squished between Luke and Gabe on Nathan's bed.

Owen and Nathan are in the living room. We'll be leaving before daybreak to start our trek to the Academy shelter. I feel nervous, anxious and excited to begin our journey. I wonder what the place is like, how many people are there. Are there any girls? There must be. I have so many questions but I'm too shy to ask them.

Way to take control of your life Sang. I sigh as I look at the darkness of the ceiling. The moon is curtained by clouds tonight and all is pitch black.

“Are you okay?” Gabe whispers.

I grimace, “Did I wake you? I'm sorry.” I whisper back.

“I don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight.”

“Are you nervous about tomorrow?”

“No.”

“What is it?”

He's quiet.

“He's lying next to a gorgeous girl. That's his problem.” I can hear the smile in Luke's voice.

“Shut the fuck up,” Gabe chuckles. “You only know that because you're having the same problem.”

“I won't deny it.”

Their conversation makes me blush. I want the mattress to swallow me up. I'm also very aware of how incredibly handsome they all are and the fact I'm sharing a bed with some of them, although in a perfectly innocent way, has me thinking things I never did before.

I know I'm not gorgeous or pretty. My stepmother and sister made that clear. Plus, no one's ever shown any interest in me before. Still though, to be called that, even if in a teasing manner, makes my heart soar. The neglected little girl inside of me yearns for praise and kind words.