Chapter 15 Fears

We stand at the edge of the loft looking down.

Well, they stand at the edge, I keep a few feet safely back. My heart's still pounding thinking about what could have happened to Gabe. The ladder shattered on the tractor below. That could have been his spine.....

“Well, we're not jumping,” Luke mutters.

“No shit.” North grumbles.

Victor scratches the back of his neck. “Is there any rope up here?”

We all look around the empty loft. “Nope.” Silas grins at me, “Don't worry Aggele, we'll get you down safely.

I nod, but have no clue how it's going to happen.

“Should we call for help?” I ask.

Gabe groans, “Damn it. We're in so much trouble.”

“Why?”

“Because we took you up here and got you stuck,” he plainly states.

North crosses his arms, “If I recall, I said it was too dangerous.”

Silas waves his hand at him, “Let's just get this over with.”

Luke puts two finger in his mouth and lets out a loud, piercing whistle. He pauses a moment and does it two more times then smiles at me, “The troops are coming.”

I hear footsteps come rushing in the barn but can't see the open door from where I am. “Where are you?” Nathan demands. Pounding feet enter right behind him.

“What happened?”