Chapter 23 Silence

"Well, my services seem to be needed again." Sean sighed as he grabbed his medical bag heading over to Luke.

"Only you would provoke the little fuckers to the point of being stung. AGAIN!" North grouched at his brother, his hands on his hips.

"I was trying to shoo them away, not ask them to sting me." Luke folded his arms over his chest as he pouted. Sean pulled out the few stingers from Luke's back where he was stung. He was placing some kind of ointment on his back over the stings.

"Do you guys pay Sean for his medical services with kisses too?" I asked, trying to imagine Luke giving Sean a kiss on the cheek. I just can't see it.

"What the FUCK? My mouth is not kissing his shit face for anything!" Gabriel announced loudly.

"Sorry Doc, but these lips are reserved for the female gender." Luke laughed.

"No offense taken. I don't want kisses from you guys either. I love you all, but not like that!" Sean replied.

"What do you mean, do we pay with kisses, TOO?" Owen gave Sean a stern look, "Did you FORCE her to kiss you?" He sounded angry.

Silas came to stand in front on me, blocking Sean's view from me. Nathan stood shoulder to shoulder with him. Both of them had their hands in fists looking ready for a fight. I was peering around them at Sean, worried what was going on. Yes, I had kissed him as a thank you, but that was my decision not his.

Sean's hands were up in surrender. "I didn't force her to do anything. And she only kissed my cheek. Stand down guys."

I placed my hand on both Silas' and Nathan's backs. They turned toward me, eyes wide. "I offered him a kiss because he has treated me medically numerous times already. I don't have anything to offer him as a thank you. Please don't get mad at him. If you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at me. I'm the one who did the kissing."

"We aren't mad at you Princess or the Doc. You did nothing wrong. In fact, we" he pointed around the group at the other guys, "are probably just a little bit jealous of the Doc for getting a kiss from you, and we haven't."

"Is everyone done with lunch break? We better get moving again." Kota instructed, changing the subject. I wanted to kiss him in thanks. But that would just cause more problems. It was my kissing Sean as a thank you that caused the outburst in the first place.

"I need to go pee first." I lost my smile, knowing that this experience would not be fun.

"Let us just scout out an area to make sure no one is near by and then you can go. Is that alright with you Miss Sorenson?"

"Does that mean you will give me privacy?" I was surprised they would let me walk 5 feet away from them today.

Nathan, North, Kota and Victor walked over to a fairly large tree, then they walked out from it about 20 feet in different directions looking all around. They came back to us. "That tree is safe to hide behind." Victor announced.