Chapter 8 Avoiding Problems

Sang

In the morning we take another dip in the pool.

The others come over from Kota's house to rinse too. No one splashes or plays though, getting clean is the purpose.

I catch myself sneaking peeks at them several times. Their bodies are....amazing. From more brawny and muscular to lean and sinewy.

I get out and wrap a towel around myself. As I do I overhear Owen, North and Kota talking about the gunshots last night. There were several after the first, then quiet. Owen showed up to make sure we were okay and for the guys to arm themselves. Apparently they already were.

I didn't know that.

It's a bit unnerving to know they all have guns, but it may turn out to be more unnerving if they don't.

I was embarrassed for him to see me in Nathan's arms. He didn't say anything about it. At least not to me. I don't know why, but I care what he thinks of me. He's obviously the leader so maybe it's because he can give the order to drop me.

After last night I truly hope they let me stick with them. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut, stay out of the way, and my head down like I always have and maybe they will. I'm worried my nightmares might be an issue. They were so kind to me but who really wants to be around that?

At least I didn't have any more after Nathan got in the bed and held me......

“Do you know how to handle a gun?” Owen's voice halts my thoughts.

I grip the ends of the towel to my chest, “No?”

“Are you asking me or telling me?” he replies.

My face heats, “No. I mean....No. I don't know how to handle a gun.” My eyes widen. “Should I?”