Chapter 19 Hidden Apples

Just after the sun crested over the horizon, Owen woke us up. "We should get up and get going while the temperatures are still favorable." Favorable temperatures? This time of year it is hot, really hot or deathly hot. Owen must be referring to hot temperatures at this time of day. I stretched like a cat to help wake myself up.

It was at this moment I felt the arm that was snaked around my waist slide up my side. It startled me, as I am not use to anyone touching me. I squeaked and jumped, falling off the bed onto the floor in a heap.

"Sang? Are you alright Sweetie?" Kota asked, leaning over the bed, peering down at me. "I didn't mean to startle you."

"Aggele Mou!" Silas called out, at the same time Kota was speeking, breaking the sound barrier, as Silas hurried toward me. "I know you are an angel that fell into our lives, but you don't need to be an angel that falls out of bed." He was laughing as he scooped me up, squeezing me to his body in a hug that beats all hugs.

"Thank you for rescuing me again." I mumbled into his chest.

The cabin door crashed open with the rest of the guys barreling in, North leading the charge. They all looked ready to kick some serious butt. Even Victor and Sean, who usually look calm, looked like there was some threat present and they were the only ones who could fight against it.

"Baby!" North bellowed and pried me out of Silas' grip. I let out a giggle. "What happened?"

"Miss Sorenson was just startled and fell out of the bed. She is fine. Since everyone is awake now, we are leaving in twenty minutes. Get dressed, make sure your things are in your pack, and eat breakfast." Owen instructed and everyone was in motion.

I found my clothes for today, and went to the bathroom to change. While in there, I took advantage of using the toilet I would miss today. I washed my hands with the lake water in the bucket and poured some of the water into the toilet for it to flush.

I emerged from the bathroom to find all nine guys dressed, eating breakfast and packs sitting ready at the door. "How long was I in there?" I asked.

"About five minutes." Victor answered.

"We were about to send in a rescue party." Luke teased me. "We didn't know if you had fallen in the toilet." I could hear chuckling.

"Thank you for your concern Luke. I was just relishing the fact I was using a real toilet."

"We will be at the compound soon enough, Pumpkin. Just a few more days of roughing it." Sean reassured me.

"Come eat something Peanut before they devour all the breakfast."

"Come sit by me Princess. I already saved you your rations."

"In that case..." Silas and North quickly grabbed another handful of peanuts and more apple slices.