28

"Hello..?"

"Hello...?"

"Is anyone there...?"

"Record Breaker.. I am Hawkmoth... your precious highschool sweetheart has betrayed you and broken your heart as he confessed to someone else. I'm giving you the power to shatter everyone's hearts, in return you must bring me Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous.."

"W-Wait.. what is this.. am I being akumatized..?"

"No Record Breaker, I'm giving you the power to get revenge with the new powers that I will give you."

"Revenge..?" you questioned.

"I don't want to hurt my friends.. what about Adrien and Chloe and everyone else..?" you spoke softly.

"They will be safe Record Breaker, You will only break the hearts of those who have betrayed you and your trust."

"No.. that isn't right.."

"Everyone at school already hates me, they'd hate me even more if they saw me turn into a villain and start hurting other people."

"You would have unlimited power Record Breaker."

"I don't want power.. I-I want an explanation from Luka.." you started to sob.

"I'm sorry- but stay away from me Hawkmoth!" your eyebrows furrowed as you tried to fight off the feeling of being akumatized. It was like playing tug of war with yourself. You weren't sure if you broke free of if he won, but when you opened your eyes to look around, Luka and Marinette were gone.

The sharp pain in your hand from breaking the record hadn't gone away, but you felt free.. and surprisingly normal..

"Did I resist his akumatization..?"

"[Y/N]!" You heard a familiar voice shout as the sound began to come closer to you.

You turned around to see the one and only blonde that you trusted with your whole heart.

Adrien wrapped you in a tight embrace, it was so tight that you could have sworn he was picking you off the ground.

"[Y/N] I was worried sick..I saw the butterfly and before I could stop it,, it was too late." he sighed as he held you closer.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you [Y/N].." he apologized in a softer tone.

"It's okay Adrien.. I'm okay now.. but what about Luka and Marinette..?" you questioned, still looking around for the two.

"I'm not sure.. they must have ran for cover when they saw you getting akumatized." He said in a reassuring tone.

"Figures.. I just can't believe Luka would do that.. Why would he declare his love for Marinette when he.. I-.. I thought he loved me.." you started as tears began to form in your eyes..

"I'm not sure where I went wrong Adrien.. I thought everything was okay..? I thought he loved me.. whatever.. it doesn't even matter, I knew that falling in love on this stupid exchange trip was a dumb idea yet I decided to do it anyway.."

"[Y/N], Luka loved Marinette before he met you.. maybe those feelings never went away.." he spoked softly, it hurt him to say that as a possibility but it was true nonetheless.